• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent at the vet with Quigley

firdy num num

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Eden
:hug8::hug8::hug8:

Jeddy

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Jan
She was pretty spunky today....licking the coffe pot and took a bath, gonna call the vet tomorrow with an update.
Praying hard Birdbabe

mythic55

Avenue Veteran
View attachment 198528 @Mr Peepers, I got super stink eye today, one opened. One closed, I swear if she could shoot me with a laser beam, she would
My name is Quigley, quigly bond.

Honestly- how long has this gone on now?
I have a female who used to do this. No vet could find a reasoning- (little too fluffed, droopy wings- generally miffed often). So I added a significant amount of Iodine and trace minerals to her diet (through a herbal supplement with kelp). And it has never happened again. Im not exactly sure what diet she is on, but most (if not all) dont have sufficient.

I have been producing a self medicating herbal mixture for avians. I have had amazing results thus far- I cant send you some- no problem.
You would place it in the enclosure, and let them eat it when/if they feel the need. It was the only variable that helped my girl, and the males go wild over it during season change/moult. Ill PM you.

CeciliaZ

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Cecilia
She looks good despite all this egg laying. BTW, is that your little boy under the cage over there in the corner? :)
I had to go back and look! I must say we have such observant members here!

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
She looks good despite all this egg laying. BTW, is that your little boy under the cage over there in the corner? :)
Yes, that him..little blind Kiwi. She does look decent, must be coz she eats a lot of veggies... Maybe....

fluffypoptarts

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

mythic55

Avenue Veteran
I know, I know, but I havent funds for it ...I will not let people give me things I havent earned or can pay for ....just me OK?!
If you really wont except it, then go to your local store and buy some kelp. The kind to mix into smoothies is fine. Its 5.00...

Novembergypsy

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Bethany
How's Quigley doing?

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Shes doing OK, we had another shelless egg yesterday, her belly is swollen still, and seems a bit bigger than it was,,,,:(Otherwise she acts OK. I'll watch her like a hawk. Thanks for asking.