• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Ollie in a harness

Lo_

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lauren
image.jpg Okay so I have got the harness on Ollie three nights in a row now :D
Anyone who is familiar with using harnesses could you tell me if it looks too loose? I'm not sure how tight/loose it's supposed to be.

He still hates it, but he lets me get it on him so that's good :) He will not, not even for a treat, stop chewing on it when it's on. Any advice? Does he just need to get used to it more?

Also just realized that I had the little latch thingy on opposite sides in the pictures, is there a right way or does it not matter? Thanks! :D

image.jpg

Diesel13

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Miranda
The harness does look a little loose. My rule of thumb with my nanday is that I can just barley fit a finger between her and the harness. It also needs to be able to slide back and forth. In the first picture you posted it looks like the harness is on inside out; it's on the correctly in the second picture. It does matter which way it goes on because if not put on correctly the harness may not work properly or fit comfortably on the bird.

When it comes to chewing I find it pretty hard to stop Diesel when we're inside. But once we get outside she stops chewing because she's taking in all the sights and sounds and getting to fly around.

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
But once we get outside she stops chewing because she's taking in all the sights and sounds and getting to fly around.
Agree! Take him outside directly after the harness in on. That will also be the best reward. :)

Lo_

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lauren
The harness does look a little loose. My rule of thumb with my nanday is that I can just barley fit a finger between her and the harness. It also needs to be able to slide back and forth. In the first picture you posted it looks like the harness is on inside out; it's on the correctly in the second picture. It does matter which way it goes on because if not put on correctly the harness may not work properly or fit comfortably on the bird.

When it comes to chewing I find it pretty hard to stop Diesel when we're inside. But once we get outside she stops chewing because she's taking in all the sights and sounds and getting to fly around.

Thank you so much!!
Will continue to work with him and let you know how he does outside :)

Tiel Feathers

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Congratulations on being able to get it on him!
:yourock:

He's a very cute looking bird by the way!

Reactions: Lo_

Aubrey

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So cute with his harness on :xflove:

How's the harness training going?

Lo_

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lauren
So cute with his harness on :xflove:

How's the harness training going?

Thanks! It's at a stand still. I can hardly get him to step up without biting let alone get a harness on :D we will try again once his hormones aren't all wacky :p

Aubrey

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thanks! It's at a stand still. I can hardly get him to step up without biting let alone get a harness on :D we will try again once his hormones aren't all wacky :p
I hear ya! :goodluck:

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Darn hormones...poor Ollie. Sad to hear of his biting & hope it works its way out. Lil Stinker!
:omg:
:hug8:

truste

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Shirley
Aww Ollie's adorable! What size harness did you get him? I have GCCs too and I'm not sure about sizing :)

Lo_

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lauren
Aww Ollie's adorable! What size harness did you get him? I have GCCs too and I'm not sure about sizing :)
It was small or xs. I'll check the box in a little bit when he wakes up :)