• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I need a pep talk or a slap in the face

Jeddy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Jan
As you all know Bodie is my only bird and he is 16 yrs and 10 month young.:swoon: Outside of his developing cataracts and his tail feather issue he seems to be happy. He is a little clumsy now but still flies his flight pattern from his room to the t stand on the kitchen counter. I turn all the lights on for him so he can see better. I know good lighting helps me see better. He eats a good diet and gets at least 5 spray baths a week . I have a avitech heating panel in his habitat and a light by his scale that he dearly loves to sit under and take a snooze every now and then.

Some days I feel like I should be doing more. I know he is up there in years and it probably bothers me more then him. Often times I get sad and feel like crying .:sad10:

i also get anxiety thinking about it. :darkcloud:

Thanks for letting me vent.

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
As long as his quality of life is good and he seems happy, dont stress. My little blind guy has gotten along very well and continues to. Your doing great!:hug8:

greys4u

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
:smileflower:

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
I think that is part of having a bird. We always think, do we do enough?

My amazons are older birds too.

Love them, give them fresh food and water, and give them attention. The rest of it (toys, etc.) is just gravy.......

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
Jan, I'm right there with ya! I mean, with my 18-20 year old bourke and her health issues, and having somewhat limited resources (as far as treatments go from the vet). It just sucks. :sadhug2:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I wonder every day if I'm doing what's best for Sunny. Do I give supplements- more, less, etc. But then I look at Sunny and see how happy he is and I try to take comfort in that. I also remind myself to enjoy him everyday as everyday with a senior bird is a blessing. :) Bodie knows you love him and are doing the best you can. It's all any of us can do.

:hug8:

CeciliaZ

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Cecilia
It sounds like you are doing all that you can for him. He still sounds active and happy. :hug8: