• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Ollie has decided to move in with Bobbie

Fuzzy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Roz
Ollie has decided to move in with Bobbie.

Bobbie isn't so sure of this new arrangement, but she kinda settles down and accepts it.

They bicker a little as Ollie doesn't want another bird touching him. The only way to keep him out is to shut Bobbie's door.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
:arghh: But Mum, it's not fair!:sneaky: She's got prettier stuff than I do!:shifty::shifty::shifty:

Yoyo'sMom

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Carol
That's very cute. I guess spring has sprung! Are you sure of their sexes? You might end up with an interesting mutation if they had babies :)

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Man, he just keeps opening up and having more fun in your flock, how is that nostril doing?

LuvMyBirds

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Barbara
You have some beautiful birds :)

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Awwwww

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Ollie seems very comfortable in the second picture!

Matt

Fuzzy

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Roz
That's very cute. I guess spring has sprung! Are you sure of their sexes? You might end up with an interesting mutation if they had babies :)
I'm 99.9% sure that Bobbie is a girl - her behaviour, the shape and size of her head and beak, and higher than average total blood calcium levels a few months ago which is more commonly seen in hens. It's interesting though that Ollie isn't interested in her that way - there are open beaks and his "don't come any closer or I'll have a nervous breakdown" sounds :laugh: ... which is good really as no way would I let them have babies! :)

Fuzzy

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Roz
Man, he just keeps opening up and having more fun in your flock, how is that nostril doing?
Thanks for asking, Terry. Sadly the nostril is blocked again, but it remained clear for about 2 weeks which was an all time record for him! He's certainly opened up further since the arrival of Bobbie and Chico.:dance4:

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Good to see theyre getting friendly.

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Yeah, back when Nerd was alive early on he used to live in my room. When I moved out he ended up in the dining room by the side door and he could be involved and see everything going on during the day. He opened up like crazy over time and was a much happier Nerd bird and started doing and trying all kinds of things, plus he thought I was his world:heart:
He never really liked it when any other rescued birds showed up but he did do a lot like Ollie when he saw the rest of the big wide world and could be part of it all day.:dance4:

momazon

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
So great to see! I remember wondering if Ollie would ever come out of his cage, a long time ago

Fuzzy

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Roz
Yeah, back when Nerd was alive early on he used to live in my room. When I moved out he ended up in the dining room by the side door and he could be involved and see everything going on during the day. He opened up like crazy over time and was a much happier Nerd bird and started doing and trying all kinds of things, plus he thought I was his world:heart:
He never really liked it when any other rescued birds showed up but he did do a lot like Ollie when he saw the rest of the big wide world and could be part of it all day.:dance4:
Isn't it interesting how the environment changes behaviour, Terry? Sorry Nerd bird is no longer with you. Kobe, like Nerd bird, would prefer to be an only bird... he's making life difficult in attacking Ollie at most given opportunities. At the moment I'm experimenting with keeping the Amazons caged before breakfast so that Kobe can have time out alone. It kills me to do it as Ollie loves his freedom, but hoping this will get Kobe out of the attacking habit. Interestingly I had Bobbie out sitting on a Java stand yesterday and Kobe was quite content to sit peacefully above her on the hanging toys. I think it may be because Bobbie ignores him (no eye contact) whereas the naughty Ollie tries to engage Kobe in play with lots of eye contact.

Fuzzy

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Roz
So great to see! I remember wondering if Ollie would ever come out of his cage, a long time ago
Thanks Momazon. Ha - you and me both. I'm so glad Ollie's world is expanding... and he is thriving and becoming more confident as it does. I wanted him to have a friend which is why I accepted the offer of Bobbie and Chico, and at the beginning I thought I had made a big mistake as Ollie didn't engage with either of them at all. Now he visits them both, but especially Bobbie.

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Maybe Kobe has chosen you so he attacks Ollie to protect his mate as far as he sees it. Lurch gets real pissy when sister gets too close when he's hanging out with me. Of course sometimes he does the same to me when he's sitting on her shoulder to watch her cook and putter.
They can have some funny rules and too bad Kobe won't play nice with Ollie but at least he found another friend.
Nerd used to really go after me when we were play fighting, growling and trying to dodge and bite my fingers like he wanted to kill me, if I went OUCH! he'd stop and look mortified:wideyed::hehe:
Maybe someday Lurch will get to the point of being able to play without really biting, he tries sometimes.

Kiwibird08

Jogging around the block
How adorable! I'm sure they will become friends someday. Then you'll have to share adorable pictures of them cuddling together:D