• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Crazy little escape artists!

Irishj9

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
JP
Walked into the aviary Wednedsay after work, and Igor greeted me with a happy chirp and a 'nuk nuk' from his perch overhead. He was so happy he was bouncing on the branch.

Wait! Igor is supposed to be interned in his flight to stop him eating paint chips off the walls. Blast, I must have left the door open in the morning when I changed his food and water. Now he probably ate paint and that will set his recovery back 6 weeks. How stupid I am!

I definitely did NOT make the same mistake on Thursday when I made absolutely sure his cage door was clasped before I left, only to be greeted by a delighted Igor when I made my evening appearance, again from his high point on the branch

)&^%£$!!!!

The clasp is a simple U shaped piece of metal. I can see that it moves freely, and that somebirdy could turn it.

But which birdie then opened a metal door which is 6 feet tall and 500 times his weight? ( see pic)

Was it teamwork?

Today there's a brick leaning against the door. Will I get a cheerful ' Hello and %$£^& YOU!" again when I get home tonight? LOL

door.PNG

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Sounds like Igor might be a little smarty pants.