• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Lurch was in kamakazi mode today

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Well made the mistake of putting on my outdoor coat and shoes today to go look at a used vacuum cheap similar to the one we have that has a bad hose.
Well of course Lurch was out and he didn't like the big daddy's going to leave motions and coat. he shrieked
and tried to dive bomb my neck to bite his displeasure. :backout:Luckily the coat is thick and the hood deflected him so no blood. He tried to get me one more time then realized he was in trouble, we had a bad talk then he flew back to his cage. I figured he was there anyways so he bit at my coat arm and all the usual I don't want to go in stuff but I managed to get him kicking and screaming inside.
Went to get the cheap vacuum and came back a hour later and he was just fine, quiet, and wanting to be let out.
He imediately ran up top and dropped his head for scratches and has been a perfect gentleman since we came back:cool1:
Funny part is as we left he was hanging from the top by one foot wiggleing like nothing happened and he was begging to be let out.
Sure wish they came with a manual or a warning siren so you can tell when they are getting ticked off.
In fact he just landed on my knee to hang out:hug8:

Tyrion

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
Yes a manual or warning system would be nice ...like a tiny little serine come out of the top of their heads and goes off every time they do ...that would be perfect :hehe:

Odin

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Chantal
I hear ya! Sherbie was quietly sitting on my shoulder yesterday, I was knitting away, Odin on my lap chewing some paper.... All was wonderful, peaceful and sweet. Then outta nowhere, she SCREAMS in my ear, bites my ear and flies away.
Seriously Sherbs??? Nothing, to my dumb human knowledge, happened. Except maybe birdie PMS. Scared the beejezzus out of both me and Odin!

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
I hear ya! Sherbie was quietly sitting on my shoulder yesterday, was knitting away, Odin on my lap chewing some paper.... All was wonderful, peaceful and sweet. Then outta nowhere, she SCREAMS in my ear, bites my ear and flies away.
Seriously Sherbs??? Nothing, to my dumb human knowledge, happened. Except maybe birdie PMS. Scared the beejezzus out of both me and Odin!
Lurch has done that one before, just sitting there happily and a sudden shriek and a pop in the ear. When he got bad about it no shoulder privledges. He doesn't do it as often now that he's learning it ticks dad off and hangout time ends. Last time I had a really bad bite I was wearing a evil hoody and trying to eat my oatmeal. He was sitting there happy and preening, screamed, and popped my ealobe leaving two bloody holes.
Guess he didn't like the goody and was put out I hadn't shared my outmeal. He got put away and covered for a hour for that one.
I guess the evil coat monster that I need to be forcibly warned about is good, also maybe he knows it will take daddy away to never play with Lurch again.

SnapV

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Virginie
Lol silly Lurch! But he's right though the coat is evil! :p

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Evil evil coat! :rolleyes: Good job Lurch! Keep Terry safe! :p

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Thanks guys, I really have to watch it when he's out and coats and signs of leaving are involved. Or put on a hat he doesn't normally see and the battle is on.
One night he attacked my arm very hard when I had my glasses off trying to do a really good cleaning. I think the fact it made my face look different set him off and of course he was on the arm of my chair hanging out.
Luckily my arm skin is thick and resilient still as it ended up being more of a painful pinch and noise then any really big holes.
They have so many rules...
Just glad he doesn't get triggered a lot and always seems to forget and go back to normal pretty quickly once whatever it was gets fixed.