• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I Lost My Baby

Tomsde

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Tom Santomartino
Thanks for all your kind words. We did all the things you all suggested pretty much, I even checked the pet stores around my home that rehome parrots in case someone tries to sell Ollie. The weather has turned bad here again, I guess all I can say is that I expect the worst, but hope for the best.

I'm not sure if I'd go with another Jardine again if I get another parrot. I was more thinking of a Myers or Blue Headed Pionus. Ollie was a wonderful bird, but very aggressive. I could only handle him with a perch, but I had a lot interaction with him. I guess it was a dominance thing, most of the time if I had him step up he bit me, but I had him perch trained and was able to pick him up with that. If he was out the cage for a while I could occasionally pick him up via "step up" command, but he couldn't be shouldered past 6 months. Perhaps female Jardines are more mild mannered. After he reached sexual maturity the agressive behavior started, but he was very smart and a good talker. He could be agressive even on the playstand, but I could tell by body language the times I could pick him up with my hand. He had liked head scratches, but after a while he didn't want that.

Nikomania

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Please don't give up looking for him. I found my tiny pineapple GCC hanging upside down from a spider web after 3 days of calling to, and searching for him. It felt like a needle in a haystack, considering we have a lot of overgrown brush and trees surrounding our property.

Tomsde

Real Name
Tom Santomartino
I'm doing the best I can under the circumstances; it's amazing that some people do actually find their birds. It's a bit overwhelming and depressing. There is a lot empty land around my development, it is like looking for a needle in a haystack. It's also been cold and rainy.

Yoyo'sMom

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Carol
I'm so sorry. I lost my amazon out a back door in August so I know how heart breaking it is. Praying he'll return to you. I still look for mine every day. Guess I can't give up.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So very sorry for your loss.

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
I'm so sorry :(

Tomsde

Real Name
Tom Santomartino
Thank you everyone for your kind words.

lexalayne

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Alexa
In college my roommate fleabombed the house and put my parakeet outside in our fenced area before he did it. However, he didn’t close the cage door, which was always open, and he flew out. I saw him around for almost a year and he wouldn’t come down. The trees were tall and thin, no way could I get up to him. It broke my heart but he was surviving.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
so sorry. I hope by a miracle you find him

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
so sorry:sadhug2:

Tomsde

Real Name
Tom Santomartino
It was getting better, but I'm very sad today.

firdy num num

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Eden
Im sorry for your loss Tom,
:sadhug2::sadhug2:

Tomsde

Real Name
Tom Santomartino
Thank you all for being so kind.