• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

tattoo

Doris M

Sprinting down the street
Does anyone have an idea how to get a foot print from a Grey? I want my tattoo to be my bird's foot print.

Lo_

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lauren
If the kit thing doesn't work could you possibly have it done at the vets office? I know it might stress some birds out going to the vet but if you really want it that might be an option as well! :)

MsCreature

Real Name
Shy
Maybe do an impression in clay? I don't know of any bird-safe inks or paints, or even clays for that matter! But.. it's an idea. Or take a photo and digitally manipulate it?

Lo_

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lauren
Maybe do an impression in clay? I don't know of any bird-safe inks or paints, or even clays for that matter! But.. it's an idea. Or take a photo and digitally manipulate it?
The photo thing might really work! :)

Doris M

I thought about a photo but not sure how I would get a "print-look". He doesn't lay on his back or anything. ..?

MyAussieFriends

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Alyssa
Cut up from beets, and get some beet juice from it.

Place all collected juice in a shallow pan and have the bird set into it, then walk on a piece of paper.

You'd have to do it outside (with a harness on) or you risk getting everything you own stained with red bird feet.

His feet would probably also be dyed red for a little while.

That is the safest way I can think of - and if I were to get a foot print tattoo it is what I would do.

Doris M

Awesome ideas!!! Thank you! And guess who's got one little beet left in the fridge...:bounce1:

Doris M

14292174045541454786996.jpg
I tried it on my Guinea pigs first, but it doesn't want to adhere to the foot well.

Doris M

Check this out
IMG_20150416_170028.jpg
Now that was something! He wouldn't grab the beet, so I smeared a stick with it to have him grab it. He flew away, landed, stepped up on me, I put him on a perch, and then I rolled my arm on paper. Phew!

Doris M

Right!! Haha! They were quite literally my "guinea pigs" - rendering animal testing complete and utterly useless because it worked much better with the individual in question, even though it was a bit rougher.

gibsongrrrl

Courtney Lou Hoo
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Courtney Lou Hoo
Not sure. I am going to try freeze dried blueberry powder and see if I can make a paste that will work for a foot print. Hoping to get weeble feet on my shoulder some day:D