• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Update on Jenny our U2

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Jenny has been home with us since July 2014. She is a very sweet Too. She never bites ever and is still barbering her feathers. She has plucked in the past, lower legs and under her wings and on her back.

She was fully vetted in July. Her DNA came back a boy and then in December, she laid her first ever egg on 22 yrs. Then her 2nd egg came in January. Haven't seen an egg since, but the funny thing is she laid both of them on her Daddy. Jenny has been in my Fiances Family since she was a baby. She was hand fed by his Grandfather and just turned 22 in Nov.

Here she is, the sweetest girl ever. 20150211_090343.jpg

Last edited:

JosienBB

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Awww, such a sweet face!

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
What an adorable girl!
:heart::heart::heart:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
So beautiful! :heart::heart:
Milton barbers,and plucks his leg feathers also.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
So beautiful and you are totally a 'too person now right!:)

When can I send you Reggie Lou?:rofl:
. Well I really am now. Never thought I'd be so smitten by her but she's just awesome! Had I known how awesome they are I'd have more! Well 3 big birds is my limit I swear lol!

Jenny! :heart: :heart: :heart:

How's she doing? Eating healthy now? Full of spunk and life? :D
Yes Mercedes she is doing well eating really good. She's a seed picker but she does like whole milk thistle and loves hemp seed. I do give her some Higgins seed very little sunflower but her pellet of choice seems to be Caitec oven fresh bites. She hates Cappy my Sheltie really has it in for him she goes after him with a vengeance its not funny at all. She cannot be out with us chilling at night because he wants attention and she has jumped on his head and face right in front of me. When I say it's bad it's bad and I cannot allow her to hurt him and vise versa.

Last edited:

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
She probably sense the profound amount of love you have for your sheltie.

It may pass in time but you're doing good. Hopefully with time she'll calm down.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
She probably sense the profound amount of love you have for your sheltie.

It may pass in time but you're doing good. Hopefully with time she'll calm down.
Well I do know when he first came home the birds excited him. He had never seen them before, when the Zons fly he's like holy wow and wants to chase. They are so skilled and fast he can't keep up. I know he has pounced on her cage so that pissed her off. When we leave the house I have to shut the door to her room now. He roots around looking for food so one night I bet home from work, get her out and notice her skin near her beak appeared puffy and almost bruised. Well she probably tried to get her face between the 1 inch bar spacing. Then I see dry blood speckled on her crest feathers. So I am freaking out I go to see the cages and sure enough 4 bars have smeary dry blood so I am sure she nailed him around his face lip or something. So they are off limits from each other during the day.

I never thought I'd play life guard but I do. The bliss I had before with dogs and birds is no more. She pays zero mind to my other two dogs, just has it out for him.

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
Glad to hear she has settled in and is doing so well, sounds like she laid those eggs to just to prove those test results wrong :) When is the next too coming home? :D

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Glad to hear she has settled in and is doing so well, sounds like she laid those eggs to just to prove those test results wrong :) When is the next too coming home? :D
Uhm, no more big birds I am full here! I am did with the 3 never thought I'd have a Too. The only other bird that would come here would be another Parrotlet. Not ready for to get another, going to be some time to get over the loss of JP

Aubrey

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
She's so cute :xflove: It's hard to believe she want to mangle your sheltie :wideyed:

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Uhm, no more big birds I am full here! I am did with the 3 never thought I'd have a Too. The only other bird that would come here would be another Parrotlet. Not ready for to get another, going to be some time to get over the loss of JP

It's amazing what getting a cockatoo does to anyone that may have MBS. It kills it in its tracks. (getting cockatoo = getting 10 birds at once). :lol:

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John

Bite your tongue woman. :lol:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
She is beautiful!