• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Driving me Crrraazy

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Rick will be back on, he could be having dinner or maybe even had to go to work. You did not scare him in the slightest.

If it were me, I'd have to go talk to the other half.... :rofl: My conversation would be about five seconds long but I would think many people would need a good discussion. ;)

Has your bird ever seen a vet? If so can they be contacted for records? What is his daily routine like? ( minus the screaming & cats of course ). Why today did you decide to come aboard looking for help, did something different happen? Does he have any favorite toys or foods? Any dislikes?

Just helping Rick or anyone else here. :)

I'm just a guy who prefers a lot silence and reflecting.
A cat guy. :)

Keegan

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Keegan's my cat
I am a cat guy :) The neighborhood cats visit me on the daily. Two of them are sitting at the front door as I type this. Probably time to feed them soon. She's been to the vet, I could pick up/send records. Her routine, let's see.... She stares at the wall all day.
Today I decided to join this forum because of the screaming. Toys.. I dunno, but what I do know human contact is her favorite. Food, I think she prefers seeds but I'm not sure.

Colbon2

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nikki
I hope you find a good home for the grey. It's not easy when you don't like the animal. I agree if Rick can't take the grey than I would suggest a rescue. A rescue will find a good home and will help work with the bird to help with managing the people skills.

Timmy&Crash

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Rick
OK sorry I been real sick this past weekend and my SO is away visiting her kids in Cali. So I have not had a chance to talk to her, been all I could do to keep up with the zoo here lol.
But to be honest Keegan I am sure you could find someone in Texas that would give Zulu a loving home. You just have to make sure they are bird lovers as you know they take lots of work.
I would love to take him in but I do need to talk to my SO.
But don't give up hope put a couple chewable bird toys in his cage and something to climb on he will be happier.

Wolf

Jogging around the block
I have been watching this thread for a while now and was waiting to see if Rick was going to accept this bird or not. I have a CAG hen who is about 15yrs. of age and would love to get her a companion and hopefully a mate. I have three other birds and so I can't leave for the amount of time that it would take to go and pick up this bird as much as I would like to have him. I can provide him a good home and although I don't have a lot of money, being on disability, I can take good care of him and provide updates on him directly to you Keegan or I can post updates concerning him right here on AA. I am open to options on how we could make this happen. Shipment by air, possible train of members, whatever. Any suggestions or ideas?

Timmy&Crash

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Rick
I have been watching this thread for a while now and was waiting to see if Rick was going to accept this bird or not. I have a CAG hen who is about 15yrs. of age and would love to get her a companion and hopefully a mate. I have three other birds and so I can't leave for the amount of time that it would take to go and pick up this bird as much as I would like to have him. I can provide him a good home and although I don't have a lot of money, being on disability, I can take good care of him and provide updates on him directly to you Keegan or I can post updates concerning him right here on AA. I am open to options on how we could make this happen. Shipment by air, possible train of members, whatever. Any suggestions or ideas?
Wolf if you can work a deal with Keegan, you go for it. I have ran into some unexpected circumstances that make it impossible for me to add another bird to my flock right now.

Keegan

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Keegan's my cat
I appreciate your guys' responses. I spoke to my mum, and she wants to give Zulu a try. I suggested a "bird lover" so that way Zulu would get love naturally. (With me, I have to force my self). She wants to give Zu a try before sending him/her off somewhere else. If it doesn't work out with my mum, I will definitely keep you in mind Wolf. "Keegan" is my cat's name by the way :)

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Like's his cats..... ;)

Wolf

Jogging around the block
I understand and that makes sense to me. Thank you.

Keegan

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Keegan's my cat
I'm sorry about that, Wolf. I ran the plan by my mum a few days ago and she pressingly insisted that I give her way a try. And I can't say no to my mum. Definitely will keep you in mind.

Keegan

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Keegan's my cat
Left out some details in that last message.
A. I thought we already gave her way a try as she's told me how the bird attacks her; yet she still insists
B. @ Wolf: If in the event she decides my idea is more suitable, I would rent a car and cruise your way. I really like your planning and proposition by the way.

Timmy&Crash

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Rick
Left out some details in that last message.
A. I thought we already gave her way a try as she's told me how the bird attacks her; yet she still insists
B. @ Wolf: If in the event she decides my idea is more suitable, I would rent a car and cruise your way. I really like your planning and proposition by the way.

You should have your mom join this sight I learned tons of stuff about my Grey from people here. Birds are a lot different that most any other pet.
One thing I could see by the picture and maybe a reason for screaming is boredom. Add some toys to the cage, do it slowly might take a few days for a grey to get used to new things 1st hang it outside the cage so Zulu can see it then in a couple days hang it on the cage but outside it then finally in another couple days add them to the inside. Greys at least mind loves things that he can shred and tear apart. They don't have to be expensive toys >>>> like a role of toilet paper unscented and not colored though. An old phone book stuck through the bars give them something to shred etc
Good luck.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
African Grey's are highly intelligent birds. Her screaming may be her way of letting you know she does not want to be there with you. Birds are very keen on reading your thoughts and feelings. You joined the forum for help and we can see this bird needs an owner who can relate and love her. Birds also scream when they are hungry. What are you feeding her? I hope your mom understands it is what is best for the bird, not what is best for the person. Wolf is the best direction for this unfortunate bird.

Last edited:

Keegan

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Keegan's my cat
@ Jane I feed my bird chocolate and lots of avocado.

Rick, thank you for that advice. I will definitely let her know about this site. I like the idea with the phone book and hanging stuff outside the cage as I'm guessing it could pique the birds interest to want that particular toy.

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sadie
Chocolate and avacado? Oh please say that isn't true. Those are both toxic!

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
:extremeanger:The writer is being sarcastic about what he feeds.