• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

More Wood Destruction

Skipper

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Scott Schifer
Since Gilligan (CGCC) enjoys eating his wood perch so much, I made a similar toy and installed rope perches. They toy consists of a 1x2 block in which I can insert 4 inch dowels. The top picture is after a week, and bottom is the shavings in his cage when I changed the paper. He is an 80 gram buzz saw!

At least he is not making noise when he is chewing, and is only a buck to reload.

wood1_sm.jpg wood2_sm.jpg

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Holey Crap Batman!! uh..I mean Skipper! That's some serious shredding!!! I'm thinking he isn't interested in reading the sports section and is trying to cover it up….:D

What kind of nuggets are those?

Heather F

Rollerblading along the road
Wow! That is one serious chewer!

Skipper

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Scott Schifer
The pelets are Senic Jungle Mix. We buy them for the Mac and Too, but he like them also. But then he eats everything we give him. I learned early on not to eat with him on my sholder or he will run down my are and head for my plate!

echobird

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ash
What a chewer!
The pelets are Senic Jungle Mix. We buy them for the Mac and Too, but he like them also. But then he eats everything we give him. I learned early on not to eat with him on my sholder or he will run down my are and head for my plate!
I cant even eat anything in the same room as my GCC unless I plan on giving him some. If its not the running towards the food its pitiful cries coming from the cage. Sometimes the food isnt even appealing to him, he just has to have it if I do.