• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pellet recommendation for lovies

fluffypoptarts

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

Colbon2

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nikki
Oh my GOD, it happened! TWINKIE ATE PELLETS. I bought a package of the finch-size Kaytee Rainbow Exact since he had picked some of those out of the lovebird-sized mix and showed some slight interest in them. So I poured some of the small mix into his bowl this morning and he DOVE in and started eating them right away! He did that for a couple of minutes before switching to the other bowl where his fruit and veggie seed mix resided. HOW EXCITING!! :dance5:

Thank goodness since I was running out of pellets for him to try. I hope he keeps liking them and eating them. Now I have to figure out what the others will eat.

Yay :congrats5:

noelletulip

Meeting neighbors
Oh, the struggle of getting our birds to eat healthy. After about six weeks with me, I haven't gotten Tulip to eat anything fresh. He's very interested in my shredded wheat cereal (the sugary kind which I'd rather stop eating myself than allow him a single bite of) and just tonight I got him to take a very timid, tiny bite of crazy corn which he then ignored. Tomorrow morning, though, it's on. :laughing2:

AngeryJojo

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Ashlee
Wow, I looked up bird pellets in my nearby stores and they are NOT cheap! My bird is in the process of being converted to fruits, veggies, and pellets with only some seeds. My parents aren't too supportive of me suddenly changing how I care for the animals, so I better go and find some coupons! Perhaps I should show them all the videos clearly stating that a seed only diet is horrible for birds....