• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Where do you bring your bird?

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Dexter is quite the character...and a wonderful companion...

RachaelR

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Rachael Rawlings
This is so interesting to find out the different places these birds have been!

clawnz

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Clive
I do not take him into supermarket due to hygiene regs.
And I have only ever been told off at one The Warehouse shop and one Bunnings.
Everybody else enjoys seeing him and his antics. When we walk in anywhere the first thing on his mind is 'Where are the pens' Then it is what else can I get to.
He is one special needs bird and as long as he gets some shoulder time every few hours he gets along ok.
I never force him and always ask him if he wants to come. If he backs off he stays, if he comes forwards then I will take him.
The longest journey we have been on was over 6 hours over a 13 hour day. short vids of the trip have been joined together in this vid,.

I think it time to add a reminder.
Please consider what I do as not acceptable to some, and maybe illegal in some places.

clawnz

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Clive
For those who have not seen my other thread where I posted the links to the vids of the live display I did at Animates. I will post them below.
I was asked if I would take Dexter along for a special weekend at my local Animates.
Needless to say I said yes. And as I had Poppy in said I could take her as well as Dexter. Then I asked if I could take Percy as well. His owner was relaxed enough to say yes.
So the scene was set. The only condition I put on them, was that as soon as the birds showed any sign of stress or I figured they were over everybody I was out of there.
Two hours I set as what I thought they would do. Saturday we did 3.5hrs and Sunday 4hrs.
The vids were taken early as I was not keen to do this later as the foot traffic got heavy. My concern was watching the birds, and with the thre I took and the Lori in there, I had figured T may have my work cut out. It was not the case and as you can see they were perfect ambassadors for anyone interested in bird keeping.

And a photo of on the way there. Note I did pull over to take this photo.