• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures URGENT - Tame, Darling Green Cheek Conure in NYC

Status
Not open for further replies.

TurangaLeela

Meeting neighbors
This is a hard post to write. After receiving noise complaints from neighbors and the landlord, we have to rehome Henry. He is a 5 month-old, DNA sexed male Green Cheek Conure. He is very, very sweet, and super tame. Unfortunately, he is lonely as an only bird (despite lots of time with his humans), and expresses his loneliness with screams in an apartment. We have tried everything we can think of, but now with external pressure, it's time to say goodbye. Some birds just don't like to be a flock of one, and we want to do what's best to give him a wonderful life, even if it makes us sad.

If you're in the NYC area and have room in your flock for a sweet, playful, super social bird, Henry is your man. He's on the small side for a GCC, and his coloring is the normal or wild type. He is healthy and eats pellets, fruits and vegetables.

Please message me for details. I am asking $200 for just Henry, or $400 with the cages (large cage and travel cage), carrier and toys/perches. I am willing to negotiate the price. I cannot deliver (no car), but am willing to ship within the continental US at your expense.

Henry is a wonderful bird who deserves a wonderful home. We love our little guy, and know that you (and your flock) will love him too!
IMG_0399.jpg IMG_0058.jpg

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So sorry that you have to rehome your conure. What kinds of things have you tried to attempt to reduce the noise? Have you left the TV or some music on to see if that helps? Have you done any kind of behavior training to try to decrease the screaming? Do you have a relative or close friend who can take him so you can at least visit with him? Wishing you and Henry the best and hope that you are able to work on his screaming so you can keep him or find a great home for him.

TurangaLeela

Meeting neighbors
Thanks for the sympathy. We have done everything you suggested, and more: clicker training, positive reinforcement, sleep cage in another room, leaving cartoons on, playing recorded bird songs, etc., but he only got louder. With external pressure, it's now out of our hands. We are heartbroken - we will really miss our little guy. :(

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
I can't imagine not have cheekies in my life...so sorry. Any chance you can soundproof your apartment?

TurangaLeela

Meeting neighbors
If we weren't renters, perhaps, but rules are rules. We're so sad... but we're committed to not just taking him to a shelter, so it's essential to find a good home. Please spread the word to anyone you know who's looking. Until we find the right place, we're just going to keep loving him and playing as much as we can.

TurangaLeela

Meeting neighbors
Time is of the essence: my super-tame GCC needs a new home after complaints from the landlord. Our hearts are broken, but it would mean the world to me if I could find a good, loving home. NYC area.

The clock is ticking and I can't bear the thought of leaving my boy at a shelter. If I could leave this up here for a bit, that would be great; if not, I understand.

Last edited by a moderator:

JosienBB

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hope you're able to find a good home for him :sadhug2:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I'm so sorry. I hope you find him a home soon.

WeasleyLover

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Maddy
I'm so sorry! I hope you are able to find an amazing home for your sweet baby! :hug8:

TurangaLeela

Meeting neighbors
Thank you all for being so kind. If you know anyone who's looking for a GCC, please spread the word. Henry's only 5 months old, and I think he'd do especially well with at least one bird friend. It means the world to me to find him a good home.

Heather F

Rollerblading along the road
He's such a cute little dude, so sorry you have to give him up. We're starting to think about getting Frodo a friend his own size sometime down the road, but even if we were ready for a second bird right now there's a border in the way. I hope you're able to find him a good home soon.:sadhug2:

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Would you be willing to ship if someone out of state were interested or could foster him until a permanent home was found? Do you have any friends in NY who could foster if necessary?

TurangaLeela

Meeting neighbors
@SanraK: I don't have anyone local who can foster, but I would definitely be willing to ship within the continental US (it would be just Henry, carrier & some toys, no cage), and whoever takes him would need to chip in on the shipping cost, but absolutely! A good home is my top priority, and if needs to fly to it, then that's what we'll do!

Last edited:

Maxsmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Sorry you are going through this

Rob

Walking the driveway
I really wish I could help you out but i just don't have $200 right now.

webchirp

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle

Beanurita

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Melissa
Did he get an AA home? I'm happy he found a place to call home!!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Great news! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.