• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Mousebird Help,

Kent

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Kent
mousbirds.com is back up and running, very weird.

i will say, this website has been the most help so far. Kevin is thriving because of all the wonderfull help I have recieved.

Kent

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Kent
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Hi all, I thought I would pop in and put up some new photo's of Kevin. He's doing great as always.

I'm sitting with such an awful dilemma though and my heart is proper breaking. I'm going away for two weeks on Saturday and I can't take him with so the only option I have at this point is to take him to FreeMe ( an animal rehabilitation facility). I just don't want to have to give him up. I know all I can offer him is a life as a pet and he will be given the opportunity to be a wild bird but I'm in the throws of quite a depression because of this.

fluffypoptarts

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
He's adorable. You have to go? Is there anyone who can take care of him? It's possible that he would not be able to be released into the wild at this point anyway after bonding with you, etc.

Kent

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Kent
I have no choice. I don't know anyone who has the time to take care of him.

That's what I'm scared of. I'm scared that I can't guarantee that this facility can absolutely 100% get him back to the wild and I can't go on living not knowing where he is.

I'm trying to figure out the logistics of taking him with me.

fluffypoptarts

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm sorry you're in such a tough situation! You love him enough that you can't bear not knowing what befalls him, so the only thing for that in this situation is to keep him in your care! I hope you're able to figure out a way to bring him with you.

Mr Peepers

Cruising the avenue
View attachment 197578 View attachment 197579 View attachment 197580 View attachment 197581

Hi all, I thought I would pop in and put up some new photo's of Kevin. He's doing great as always.

I'm sitting with such an awful dilemma though and my heart is proper breaking. I'm going away for two weeks on Saturday and I can't take him with so the only option I have at this point is to take him to FreeMe ( an animal rehabilitation facility). I just don't want to have to give him up. I know all I can offer him is a life as a pet and he will be given the opportunity to be a wild bird but I'm in the throws of quite a depression because of this.

To cute :)

Teresa McKevitt

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Hi Kent,

I've been in this dilemma before. I actually took my two guys on vacation with me and sneaked/snuck them into a hotel room for over a week. Crazy, but I did it. It all worked out. I've also brought them to work and work meetings if you can believe that.

Is there anyway you can bring him? I honestly don't think a facility would be good for him at this point as he is bonded to you. Curious, are there other Mousebirds at this facility? If there were, I think I would be more comfortable doing so, but if not, I would worry where he ends up. I think he's your pal. :)

Is there family that can care for him? Let me know what happens. I wish you and Kevin the best. He's such a cute little guy.

Teresa

Last edited: