• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Weighed Lurch today

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Weighed Lurch today after finding one of my cheap but still working gram scales out in the shed. I enticed him with a Nutri Berry and it was so funny to see his little brain working on a solution to snagging the treat without having to touch the evil scale. :biglaughing:
He kept touching it, running his beak over it, finally put a foot on it, it didn't attack him so he hopped on, I got a reading, and he ran away to eat.
He's at 260 grams, 10 grams higher then last time a long time ago, and the time before that both at 250. He might be a bit heavier because he was in his cage hanging out and snacking most of the morning but he's very consistent in what he weighs, and maybe he's heavier because he's put on some muscle from flying around a lot without getting all tired out like he did when he first discovered his flights had grown back,
and some small pics just because he was having a good time a few days ago.

IMG_1216 small.jpg IMG_1217 small.jpg standing tall.jpg

SnapV

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Virginie
Oooh Lurch is just a gorgeous little boy :)

Is 260 big or small for a maxi pi?

Aubrey

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
He's one good looking fella :xflove:

Leto my maxi pi weighed 225gm at the vet yesterday. She said it was normal, but on the low side of it :shy: We've been eating a few more nuts today :geek:

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Thanks, he's my kid. I think 260 is slightly big, 250 is average. Nerd was a runt with a big head and thighs and he averaged 214. The vet freaked out, kept checking him, he never changed so she finally decided he was just a skinny version.
I've heard of a few that are over 300 but most are overweight at that point, though at least one I've heard of from a member here is just a really big guy that was all muscle and very healthy and fit.
JT's Eloy is a Si and they are about a third bigger but otherwise are just like any other Maxi.
Anyways compared to Nerd Lurch is a very big boy with a attitude to match.

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
It's just a super sized Maxi Pionus. Eloy reminds me of a really big Lurch, they could be twins except for the size difference. Just search for Eloys posts and you get to meet him and JT.:cool:

Aubrey

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
It's just a super sized Maxi Pionus. Eloy reminds me of a really big Lurch, they could be twins except for the size difference. Just search for Eloys posts and you get to meet him and JT.:cool:
Thanks. I'm sort of familiar with Eloy. Just not Si. :)

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
I think I spelled it wrong anyways, so that doesn't help either. I've never seen one here but then again Pionus aren't super common around here and was lucky Lurch turned up shortly after I lost Nerd.
I got Nerd and his brother Ferd in 78 and had no idea what they were except they seemed very quiet and gentle so got them as a package deal to keep them together.

Aubrey

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Pi's aren't common here either. He was originally from Tennessee.

My vet told me that Leto acts a lot like an amazon. :scared2: I don't really know how to take that comment.

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
They say they are related and have a lot of the same issues. Never had one but have met a few, one at a nasty pet shop that fell in love with me. Pretty sure Ferd and Nerd were wild caught and the species was new to the trade back then. I am always in awe that a wild jungle creature decides I am worthy of his freindship and love.

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
It's spelled Siy. And Eloy weigh is 367 gr and he will soon be 3 years old. And yes he is big! :D
Normal weigh for a Maxi is: 233-293 gr.

Adorable pics Terry! He is so handsome! :heart:

What is a Si?
There is 4 different Pionus maximiliani.
Pionus maximiliani maximiliani, (the most common) Pionus maximiliani siy, Pionus maximiliani melanoblepharus and Pionus maximiliani lacerus.

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
It's spelled Siy. And Eloy weigh is 367 gr and he will soon be 3 years old. And yes he is big! :D
Normal weigh for a Maxi is: 233-293 gr.

Adorable pics Terry! He is so handsome! :heart:
Thhere is 4 different Pionus maximiliani.
Pionus maximiliani maximiliani, (the most common) Pionus maximiliani siy, Pionus maximiliani melanoblepharus and Pionus maximiliani lacerus.
Thanks JT, compared to Eloy he's a very scruffy boy right now. A bit cold to chase him around with a spray bottle and he hasn't jumped in the sink or shower yet even though running water facinates him.

cetan

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
Lurch is looking really good and I think he is a perfect weight

Fuzzy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Roz
Are you sure it wasn't the Nutriberry which weighed the extra 10gms? :hehe: YAY for all the extra flying around! :fly2: He makes Kobe look like a midget at 234gms. Kobe assures me every gram is pure muscle! :spinning: Lurch is looking good, Terry!

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Are you sure it wasn't the Nutriberry which weighed the extra 10gms? :hehe: YAY for all the extra flying around! :fly2: He makes Kobe look like a midget at 234gms. Kobe assures me every gram is pure muscle! :spinning: Lurch is looking good, Terry!
Naw, I handed him the NutriBerri AFTER I got a reading and like said he scrambled away to munch, just glad he held still long enough to get a stable reading. Kobe doesn't need any more weight, he looks perfect, plus less weight means maybe he can't put as much force into those grumpy day bites they so love to give us.

Fuzzy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Roz
Hahahaha! Well, it must be pure muscle then! :spinning: Hmmmmm - Kobe packs a mean bite despite his weight!