• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Oh No! Wet Sneeze!

echobird

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ash
Echos nares are pink and he has a wet sneeze. No nasal discharge actually coming out of his nares though. Last night was particularly cold in the house and im thinking the cold may have stressed him and triggered an underlining issue. I will be taking him to the vet soon but would love any suggestions of how to keep him comfortable up until the vet visit. Is there anything i can do to help relieve his wet sneeze. Steam inhalation? Im so worried.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Don't be worried - just get him to the vet and be sure you ask your vet about testing for Aspergillosis. The cold could have put him over the edge on an illness he was fighting.

echobird

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ash
Unfortunately due to my schedule and the vets schedule the closest appointment I have is in two weeks! Today echo's nares are less pink but he sneezed a lot!! I'm so worried. What can I do to help him?

Sadieladie1994

Riding the Skies
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Peggy
It's cold and people use heat. This brings in dry air which can be an irritant. Try adding some moisture to the house.