• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

He's here!

95talongirl

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Marybeth kiczenski
Saw that I didn't update this. Been busy, as I am working an event in detroit for the next week.

Did take him to the vet last Wednesday. She said he had a mild case of sinusitis. We were sent home with some medicine as a "just in case" it is bacterial. She also recommended a humidifier, as it is possible that the super dry winter air is affecting him.

So my lovely boyfriend gets the joy of taking care of him while I am away. He's such a good sport about it. :)

JosienBB

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hugs for little Maverick :hug8:

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Be still my heart! :heart::heart::heart::heart:

95talongirl

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Marybeth kiczenski
:)

IDK what I would do without him.... (and Mopar) :)
These two have complete control over me, I swear.

JosienBB

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Love him :heart: Haha, looks like he's starting to like baths now? Target still hates them :(

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Somebirdy had a baf like that big Hy and is all clean and bonnie now too! I love the coy look on his face. You've got a keeper in Maverick!

lexalayne

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Alexa
He's absolutely gorgeous and your pictures of him are wonderful, thank you for sharing. Maverick is a great name too. Would you let me know what kind of sound he makes? Mine is 6 and originally from Florida where he learned to mimic many birds he heard so I'm not sure what his original "voice" or call is. It does seem like the everglades around here at times though, lol.

95talongirl

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Marybeth kiczenski
He's absolutely gorgeous and your pictures of him are wonderful, thank you for sharing. Maverick is a great name too. Would you let me know what kind of sound he makes? Mine is 6 and originally from Florida where he learned to mimic many birds he heard so I'm not sure what his original "voice" or call is. It does seem like the everglades around here at times though, lol.
thanks! glad you enjoy them! He is a trip. hard to believe he will be a year old this month!
I'll have to try to get some of his "noises" on camera. Kind-of hard to describe. He does have a more high-pitched sound than Mopar, my blue front.

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
You can tell he loves you...so cute~

JosienBB

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
He's a sweetheart, and such a big boy already!! :D I find Target definitely has a higher pitched voice than my conures -- a baby/girly voice! Does Maverick say "huh?" a lot?

95talongirl

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Marybeth kiczenski
He mumbles "what you doing" and "hello". Sometimes the "hello" is "HELL-OOOOOOO" ha! It's such a cute voice, but unlike any other parrot that I've heard. It is very baby/girly, you are right about that! :)
He also can whistle some things.

He is getting big! I am really sad that I'll be out-of-town for his actual hatchday on the 14th. (Pi day!) So will have to make up for it when I get back!

JosienBB

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hehe, looks like he'll be quite the talker soon! Target only says "up up!", "huh?" and "hiiiii-i!", but she's quite the whistler! Loves to whistle.

Wow, one year old already, on March 14? Big boy indeed! Will he be getting any birdday presents? :)

95talongirl

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Marybeth kiczenski
Hehe, looks like he'll be quite the talker soon! Target only says "up up!", "huh?" and "hiiiii-i!", but she's quite the whistler! Loves to whistle.

Wow, one year old already, on March 14? Big boy indeed! Will he be getting any birdday presents? :)
Yes, already! Crazy, huh?!

Lol, yes.... He may be getting some bird day presents! :D

Oh, I just noticed you asked about his baths... He is learning and accepting water more. I have a feeling once its nice out again, he...like mopar... Will be more accepting of the misting.