• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Dream Flock!

Glacier313

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Liana
Everyone post your dream flock! Feel ree to explain why! My dream flock would be...
:budgie6:Lutino Budgie
:gcc1:Green Cheek Conure
:wbc:White Bellied Caique/:bhc:Black Headed Caique
:sun:Sun Conure
:irnym:Indian Ringneck
:qppg:Quaker Parrot
:hy:Hyacinth Macaw
:harlequin:Harlequin Macaw

Shade

Crazy for Pois!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natacha
I pretty much have what I wanted. While it would be nice to have a Rueppel's and Jardine's (and therefore have at least one of each of the Pois available as pets), I'm pretty content with my flock and don't feel the need to add any more birds.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
We've got our dream flock-pretty much. The only addition I'd love to make is a Quaker... unfortunately, my state has ruled them a menace to society...:(

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'd love a Crimson Bellied Conure :cbc: and a Senegal parrot :senegal: But at this time,Nala shall remain my one and only :heart:

Glacier313

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Liana
We've got our dream flock-pretty much. The only addition I'd love to make is a Quaker... unfortunately, my state has ruled them a menace to society...:(
What!!! Quakers are adorable!
I pretty much have what I wanted. While it would be nice to have a Rueppel's and Jardine's (and therefore have at least one of each of the Pois available as pets), I'm pretty content with my flock and don't feel the need to add any more birds.
I agree, I just want a bit more diverse flock. I love my budgies sooooo much, but there is something about bigger birds that makes them so appealing! Definetly holding off on all of these except the GCC until I'm an adult!

Ark

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
I really don't get the dream flock thing! My bird is perfect for me... maybe if I find another bird as equally awesome, we will add to the family, but I really don't get the dream bird thing. And I have met PLENTY of the "rare" and highly desirable species... hyacinths, hawk heads, rare cockatoos, etc. Just have never met a bird that connected to me the way Rowan did! I really believe that the dream flock are the birds that connect to you best!

Glacier313

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Liana
I really don't get the dream flock thing! My bird is perfect for me... maybe if I find another bird as equally awesome, we will add to the family, but I really don't get the dream bird thing. And I have met PLENTY of the "rare" and highly desirable species... hyacinths, hawk heads, rare cockatoos, etc. Just have never met a bird that connected to me the way Rowan did! I really believe that the dream flock are the birds that connect to you best!
Guess I phrased it weird, lol. What I mean is a bird you would love to have as a pet, idk, something different I guess? Like, I would love something a little bigger than a budgie, like a conure, but I still love my budgies and consider them a part of my dream flock.

Reactions: Ark

Ark

Avenue Veteran
I think I know what you mean. I've just been around a bunch of birds that I THOUGHT I would like, but they were nothing like what I expected! I've found that my expectations for pretty much all birds fell short of what it was like actually spending time with them. So, if I get a bird in the future, it will only be one that I have spent time with!

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Dream "flocks" are false realities.

The realistic thing about multiple birds and of different sizes and species is that they tend to HATE EACH OTHER. And you have to keep small birds away from large birds. And they ALL WANT YOU AT THE SAME TIME. It gets hectic.

My dream flock would be for all my birds to get along and sit Side by side like "in the photos/books" show that they do and preen eachother and sleep with eachother side by side like a big happy family or best friends.

:hilarious:

But the reality is that theyre all individuals with unique personalities and they dont get along(they will fight or even kill the one they dislike) and they all want me at the same time.

Can get rough. And I have 5. Well...6 if you count the little parrotlet i got back from when I bred. Poor baby. He needs a small bird home where he is safe and can get the lovings he needs.

This is the truth about imaginary "dream flocks" and the harsh reality of it, too :depressed:

Last edited:

Glacier313

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Liana

The realistic thing about multiple birds and of different sizes and species is that they tend to HATE EACH OTHER. And you have to keep small birds away from large birds. And they ALL WANT YOU AT THE SAME TIME. It gets hectic.

My dream flock would be for all my birds to get along and sit Side by side like "in the photos/books" show that they do and preen eachother and sleep with eachother side by side like a big happy family or best friends.

But the reality is that theyre all individuals with unique personalities and they dont get along(they will fight or even kill the one they dislike) and they all want me at the same time.

Can get rough. And I have 5. Well...6 if you count the little parrotlet i got back from when I bred. Poor baby. He needs a small bird home where he is safe and can get the lovings he needs.

This is the truth about imaginary "dream flocks" and the harsh reality of it, too :depressed:
I know, that's why they're called dream flocks. XD

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Hey, when I was a young teenager, its something I thought I knew but barely understood. As an adult, well..I understand it now! Lol.

LaSelva

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
David
Thousands of them, flying free in their native lands.

Glacier313

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Liana
Thousands of them, flying free in their native lands.
I agree, so may birds int he pet trade are endangered. Even more common pet macaws like Hyacinth are endangered. That's why I would rescue/adopt any of these birds. No more birds bought from breeders or pet stores!

DancingFeathers

Avenue Veteran
Aviary birds :finch5: x2,:kqf: X 3,:finch6: X4, :yfbudgie: and:budgie9:,:crgk:X2

Non aviary :cagrf:,:cbc:,:tag:,:ptdc:,:wnrvn:,:galah2:,:hawkhead:,:bronzewing:,:bcl:,:senegal:

Not all at once, of course! I'm probably going to see about getting an aviary in the distant future, but unless something happens, I don't think I want another needy addition. Triton would get WAY too jealous.

Glacier313

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Liana
Aviary birds :finch5: x2,:kqf: X 3,:finch6: X4, :yfbudgie: and:budgie9:,:crgk:X2

Non aviary :cagrf:,:cbc:,:tag:,:ptdc:,:wnrvn:,:galah2:,:hawkhead:,:bronzewing:,:bcl:,:senegal:

Not all at once, of course! I'm probably going to see about getting an aviary in the distant future, but unless something happens, I don't think I want another needy addition. Triton would get WAY too jealous.
XD I completely agree. A couple years ago we had to do a school assignment where we created a dream house, and mine had a huge bird-safe greenhouse where all of the birds would fly around!

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman

My goodness-I can imagine what a "Flock Picture" of mine would look like:

Igor and Mocha would immediately start tiel squabbling, which would force "mama hen" Goalie to get in-between them, tap her beak on the ground,and hiss at them until they stopped. Meanwhile, the Budgie Boys would be looking daggers at ANY birdie crazy enough to stand beside them. Titan would start calling for his "uncle" (my brother-in-law) to save him from the ruckus,and Milton would be lining up to attack to the camera.

I guess a flock picture wouldn't be possible...:hilarious:

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
But you won't get a Quaker, you'll get a "gray chested parrot" or a "menace to society parrot" or an "OMG why did I want one of these parrot?".

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
My goodness-I can imagine what a "Flock Picture" of mine would look like:

Igor and Mocha would immediately start tiel squabbling, which would force "mama hen" Goalie to get in-between them, tap her beak on the ground,and hiss at them until they stopped. Meanwhile, the Budgie Boys would be looking daggers at ANY birdie crazy enough to stand beside them. Titan would start calling for his "uncle" (my brother-in-law) to save him from the ruckus,and Milton would be lining up to attack to the camera.

I guess a flock picture wouldn't be possible...:hilarious:
Don't forget to include your missus and Milty.

Your description of a flock photo sounds something like what mine would be like - battling factions of gccs and tiels, Tikki flying @ the Quaker girls, JJ & Baby Blue (Quaker boys) doing aerial battles and going after each other, the budgies getting into everyone else's cages to eat their food (sooo much better than what they have), younger tiels trying to become invisible and older tiel pairs all duking it out over nest boxes or assumed prime nesting locations (on the bookshelf). Add gcc pairs into the duking it out over nesting areas and I'd say I'd have WWIII & WWIV on my hands ...

Last edited: