• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

African Grey Punishment

Amy Pierce

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Amy Pierce
No, I am not punishing my Grey :wacky: I did, however, have to house-sit for some family members of mine, and was gone for 5 days (although I did come back on most days to check on my birds). When I finally came back for good, Pippin decided I needed to be taught a lesson and refused to talk to me or give me kisses :( Instead, he decided my boyfriend was the best thing ever, and even tried to follow him into the shower. :shifty: 3 days down the line, and I'm still occasionally getting the cold shoulder, but I think he's finally started to forgive me for leaving him :wacky: Heaven knows what would happen if he knew I was also baby-sitting 4 Greys and 2 Cockatiels while I was there...............:laugh:

Does anyone else get the silent treatment from their birds when they have been away?

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Nerd when he was alive would turn his back on me and look pretty miffed for about a week after we had taken one of our very rare family vacations.:shifty: After about that amount of time he figured I'd been sufficiently shunned and we could then be best buddies again:hehe::heart:

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
Emmie CAG belongs to my friend Yvonne but can't live with her because Yvonne's sister is immune comprised. Yvonne visits Emmie every week or two, and Emmie always punishes Yvonne by refusing to interact with her for the first half hour. Finally, Em will allow Yvonne to touch him and the visit begins...

Last edited:

fluffypoptarts

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Yes! I've left my babies a couple of times for a long weekend or a week, and when I come back, they stare at me in absolute silence like, "Who are YOU? We don't know anyone like you, NOPE." Usually they thaw after I've talked to them for a few minutes and will start vocalizing and interacting with me, but I'll get the cranky/moody attitude treatment from some of them for a few days as punishment, even if they've acknowledged my existence. :p

SueA555

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Sue Anderson
I could always expect a bite from Joey when I went away for a weekend. After the bite, he was fine.