• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I'm delayed on orders ... fell hard

Karen

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hope you feel better soon Jan.

Reactions: Jan

Stitchy

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Chris
So very sorry for your loss and for this horrible week you have been having. Sending well wishes to you......

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Jan, I am very sorry for the loss of your brother. I hope that you are physically feeling better soon.

Matt

SunUp

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
:bighug::bluhug:

calibird

California Bird Nerds
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
Feel better soon. :sadhug2:

Jeddy

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Jan
:bluhug: I know first hand how bad it can hurt. Take care and rest.

Jan

Stainless Bird Toys @ Blu's Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan

Thank you all so much, it is appreciated! From the fall, it is still hurting a lot. The doctor had prescribed me Tramadol ... says it can cause difficulty in breathing and drowsiness. Well, I already have a hard time breathing so do not need to make that worse. I have not taken the Tramadol or anything for the bad pain. Also, I did not know at first but Tramadol is an Opioid surely do not need to get a possible addiction to that. My son had got hooked on Opioid based prescriptions of Norco from when he severely broke his wrist a few years ago.

So anyway, Yesterday on Friday I got 5 orders shipped out and I have 2 others waiting at this time, so I am getting there and they will ship out Monday. Whoops, now make that 3 orders to now get out as one had just came in!!

I had posted on my Blog where I mentioned about the 20% sale about my fall and I'm slow at getting the orders packaged. Yesterday by the time I got the 5th order together I was feeling more agitated in the area. For some reason I feel like it has internal pain as some ways I move it feels as if something is spasming, it's weird!

Again, thanks and also lots of thanks to the customer's patience!

Jeddy

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Jan
You are wise about the Opioid based RX. My mother is hooked on them and facing back surgery. She's a mess and I blame the doctor. They are bad news. Cracked ribs hurt bad . You sound like you are doing great and following what your body will allow .

Wise lady. Take care,

Jan

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
You are wise about the Opioid based RX. My mother is hooked on them and facing back surgery. She's a mess and I blame the doctor. They are bad news. Cracked ribs hurt bad . You sound like you are doing great and following what your body will allow .

Wise lady. Take care,

Thank you Jeddy! I am one to not take pills anyway unless absolutely needed and to know I was given that type of pill, I was a bit ticked, which at the time I did not know that it was an opioid ... otherwise I would have definitely said something and to just prescribe me something non addictive.... so I'll be disposing of them, perhaps a good flush down the toilet and a ride into our septic tank. The prescription was only about $9. and not worth hanging on to. The only two pills I currently take at this time is my thyroid pill and my singular pill for my breathing along with my inhalers.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Thank you all so much, it is appreciated! From the fall, it is still hurting a lot. The doctor had prescribed me Tramadol ... says it can cause difficulty in breathing and drowsiness. Well, I already have a hard time breathing so do not need to make that worse. I have not taken the Tramadol or anything for the bad pain. Also, I did not know at first but Tramadol is an Opioid surely do not need to get a possible addiction to that. My son had got hooked on Opioid based prescriptions of Norco from when he severely broke his wrist a few years ago.

So anyway, Yesterday on Friday I got 5 orders shipped out and I have 2 others waiting at this time, so I am getting there and they will ship out Monday. Whoops, now make that 3 orders to now get out as one had just came in!!

I had posted on my Blog where I mentioned about the 20% sale about my fall and I'm slow at getting the orders packaged. Yesterday by the time I got the 5th order together I was feeling more agitated in the area. For some reason I feel like it has internal pain as some ways I move it feels as if something is spasming, it's weird!

Again, thanks and also lots of thanks to the customer's patience!

Be very, very careful - I've never had one but from what I've understood hairline fractures are worse than something that can be put in a cast. It'll mean that you will have to be very very cautious and careful about what you do and how you move and I know it is more easily said than done. Take the pain meds maybe at night so that you can sleep and my suggestion would be to sleep propped up in a half siting position if you have problems breathing at night/while sleeping (hubby has apnea). Our children, juvenile or adult, can sometimes be the death of us but we still love them and will always try to help them, no matter what. The mom/dad factor never goes away no matter how old they are because no matter their age they are still children compared to our own age..

Jan

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
Thank you ... I won't take that Tramadol also due to the large warning of can cause breathing difficulties. I don't breathe good as it is and especially at night even if I wear the oxygen so I would not want to contribute to complicate or compromise my breathing.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Sandra
I'll be thinking of you and hoping you'll be okay. You should consider calling your dr and telling him that there are warnings on the Tramadol that make you wary of using it - is there anything else he could possibly prescribe that would not affect your breathing but would help alleviate the pain? Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Jan

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
Yah, I suppose I could contact them, probably would not be easy. I'd be just a good to go to the local Rite Aid and just get over the counter pain reliever and take along 600-800 mg.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Sandra
Yah, I suppose I could contact them, probably would not be easy. I'd be just a good to go to the local Rite Aid and just get over the counter pain reliever and take along 600-800 mg.
No, I'd say call your dr - an otc wouldn't help as much for pain relief and it would be better for your dr to know what you're taking. Just my opinion.

Maxsmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Very sorry about your loss, Jan. Feel better soon.

Jan

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
No, I'd say call your dr - an otc wouldn't help as much for pain relief and it would be better for your dr to know what you're taking. Just my opinion.

Well, it is the week-end so come Monday I can do that. Thank you! :)

Hquinn

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Jessica
Omg I am so sorry for your loss and I hope that you get better soon!! :sadhug2:

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
I'm so sorry for you loss. :(

Hope you feel better soon. Tramadol works well for medium pain, just don't go over the recommended dosage, and don't take it long term. It's one of the worse pain meds to get off of if you've been on it long term.

Macaw Lover

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Renee'
NEVER flush any medications down the toilet as that gets into the water table. A lot of the police stations will have a day where you can bring in your old pill form medications and get them disposed of properly. Please do that instead.

What did he prescribe? $9 does not sound very much for a potent drug like that but maybe your insurance picked up a hefty part of the cost.

SandraK is correct, contact your dr and let him know you don't want to take them and ask for him to prescribe something else instead.

Bartleby

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
While tramadol is an opioid it actually isn't a very potent one. Up until a couple months ago it wasn't even very tightly regulated. My dogs take it, one for his arthritis and the other one "as needed" for the pain associated with his autoimmune disorder. It was kind of the darling pain reliever of the vet community because it's pretty mild and due to that has a very low abuse potential as far as pain relievers go, thus they didn't have to jump through all the hoops with the more regulated drugs and it's super cheap. Then it was reclassified and now they are all up a creek. It's a pain as a customer now too. Sometimes my guys go through the supply a little quicker, especially now that the cold weather is here, and you should hear the grief and see the dirty looks I get from the pharmacy.

Jan, I am so sorry for your brother's loss and I do hope you find something suitable soon to take the edge off the pain, be careful and be good to yourself. :hug8: