• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Nigel goes into Rage Mode

ArowanaLover

Sprinting down the street
When i first got Nigel i had him in a normal sized cage, it looked a little drag so i hung a toy with a bell on the top for him to play with. A few minutes later he goes crazy, screaming and shrieking at the bell with biting it and shaking it. I think it was his first toy. The amount of noise was strange because he was a very quiet bird then. He still has the bell and still occasionally rages at it, but not nearly as much.

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Nerd and Lurch did/do attack certain toys with great seeming anger but I think it's just play fighting and getting the aggression out of their systems, I think if any of our guys are truly afraid or mad at their toys they would be trying to get as far away from them as they could and screaming and things till they were removed.

skwirt

Meeting neighbors
I love his name. I considered that name for the new Cavalier King Charles puppy we are getting. It sounds like your bird is just having fun playing.

Tyrion

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
Tyrion has a nemesis toy ..its his red rubber ball that hangs from the top of his cage ...one minute he will be rubbing himself all over the toy then out of nowhere he will grab it and scream and attack it ..biting it and trying to kill it ...he loves trying to kill the red orb of evil :muahaha:

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
Cock birds get natural aggressive feelings and need an outlet for those feelings. Some birds pick a non-favorite family member, but well adjusted birds pick an object to fight. We find the behavior cute and funny, but the birds are serious about killing the object. It is a natural and healthy example of displaced acting out. Very healthy mental health behavior.

ArowanaLover

Sprinting down the street
Tyrion has a nemesis toy ..its his red rubber ball that hangs from the top of his cage ...one minute he will be rubbing himself all over the toy then out of nowhere he will grab it and scream and attack it ..biting it and trying to kill it ...he loves trying to kill the red orb of evil :muahaha:
Thats Nigel, he plays with the beads at the top, but when he sees that bell...its go time.

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
We gave Lurch one of those thread balls and he LOVES attacking the crap outa it, and yes it seems when he's mad he'll attack it to show us how upset he is which works out better then him going all ninja on us like he's done when he see's something on or near us that's one of his rage triggers:eek:

Wolf

Jogging around the block
It is quite normal for playing to appear to be attacking and killing as that is how young animals normally learn how to defend themselves and for the predatory ones to hunt as well.