• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Peggy's Savannah

Sadieladie1994

Riding the Skies
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Peggy
Update:

Talked with the owner of the shop and was able to get a little bit more information on Savannah.

This beautiful girl is about 23 years old. She is a rescue but still no details. The gentleman that took her is an experience bird owner and loves zons. The two of them just did not click and she was fearful of him. A patient man but Savannah just was not for him.

She continues to be a dream bird and I adore her. Layed back and just loves being with me. She might call to go to bed if it is getting late. Or a brief call if I don't get to her right away in the morning (today it was 10 am).

Savannah continues to eat well and does a little climbing on her playstand/orb. She is up high on a counter with a table top play stand. The orb is right there where she can climb up and down easily. She is a pretty good eater which is great. She does not even want to steal "junk" food and sticks to what I give her. She adores head/neck scritches. I did file down her lower beak a little on one side but it still needs a little bit more work.

Have I mentioned how wonderful she is. No matter what I do...nails, beak etc this little girl NEVER bites.

If I do go to another room without her and am gone too long she does get down and comes looking for me. That's our story for now.

PS. Her weight is 294 Gm which is on the low side (even lower than the range). But we will see how she does. No loss at this time so will see if she gains a little.

Last edited:

Irishj9

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
JP
So jealous you can file her beak and nails without drama!:jillone:

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Such a short time to be loved by Peggy.....

Wasabisaurus

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
She is gorgeous. I am glad she landed with you.

JosienBB

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I wonder where Savannah will be going now? :(

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I feel for the birds, who're having their lives change and dealing with loss, too. :(

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Yeah Peggy had her scarlet, the goffins and the Red pored Amazon.

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
If Ben is anything like Ziva, I think he could have a hard time adjusting to or accepting somebody else. :(

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Peggy spoke so sweetly of the amazon. It just breaks my heart for Savannah. Remember, I have old amazons. Mine aren't as nice and sweet as this one - and now she's lost another home again.

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Not wanting to ask but on my mind do we know what happened? So sad just like losing Vinyet one minute here then another gone. I don't think Peggy ever got over the shock of losing one of her beloved flock to the hawk. I can't imagine the horror
& the damage it could do to a sensitive human body. I hope they have all met up over rainbow bridge. I still think of Peggy & her love for her birds & was so glad she found Savanah to help ease the loss.