• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

IT's ABOUT TIME! SUCCESS

Mr Peepers

Cruising the avenue
Mr Peeper's has been spending his day's in the large flight cage with SPX his new roommate...... much to SPX's dismay I'm sure. :rofl:

Since Peeper's is on a special diet I have to remove all seeds from the big cage but I leave fresh fruit veg and Harrison's pellets for SPX and him.

Peeper's hates pellets, trying to get him to eat them has been a huge fail. :shrug:

A little while ago I looked in my "rear view mirror" and saw Mr Peeper's eating Harrison's pellets from the dish in SPX's cage. FINALLY! :yahoo::bliss::yes4:

WIN!

Glacier313

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Liana
XD Wow, I've heard that tiny birds are very picky, so good job at that!

Mr Peepers

Cruising the avenue
XD Wow, I've heard that tiny birds are very picky, so good job at that!

Mr Peeper's has never eaten anything for the first 18 months of his life but plain canary seed and some less than fresh greens that came from the trash. After he came to me I offered him every type of fresh fruits and vegetables and just love to see him dig in to all of it happily.

The pellets were not a hit and he ignored them no matter what I did to them to make him eat them so this is really good news to see him tuck in to the pellets. He's come a long way in the 5 months I've owned him. :)

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Congrats! :dance4::dance4::dance4::dance4::dance4::dance4::dance4:

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Thank you, :)

Perhaps Mr Peeper's and SPX hanging out together in the big cage has helped with some changes for the piggy canary? :D
You know food always taste better when you have company! :) And that reminds me of that you missed pizza today! :hehe:

Mr Peepers

Cruising the avenue
You know food always taste better when you have company! :) And that reminds me of that you missed pizza today! :hehe:

Its true about company, a new budgie will act afraid of foods when he's placed in a new cage but if they see other budgies eating it will quickly join in and nom nom nom away with the other budgies. I have a feeling this is what's happening with Mr P and SPX in the same cage.

Sorry I missed that amazing looking pizza yesterday, I'm sure Eloy ate all my pizza slices anyway.. I don't blame him. :D