• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Finally Playing!

Newbie GCC

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Heather
Sweet baby is having fun!

EvaBird

Strolling the yard
Sweet baby is having fun!
She has taken 5 weeks to get here...I am not sure I understand the beak on the bars or the crazy neck adjusting. All I know is I say " play" I touch the toys in the room and I stay out of pecking range!

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Shes really starting to open up!:)

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
If anyone has Vids they wish to share please do! I am finding the home Vids on this site are more helpful in interpreting Eva's behaviour!!!!
@Macawnutz @Sadieladie1994 @Newbie GCC @Birdbabe

Actually I was playing with Korbel on the floor yesterday and I thought of you.... Simple behaviors are often misinterpreted by new owners. Stalk my youtube channel. :laugh:
Look at Kailua in the end of this video. :)

EvaBird

Strolling the yard

Actually I was playing with Korbel on the floor yesterday and I thought of you.... Simple behaviors are often misinterpreted by new owners. Stalk my youtube channel. :laugh:
Look at Kailua in the end of this video. :)
So Kailua is pinning the eyes cause of interest. And bobbing is for attention in this case...so Eva may not be eagerly plotting new scabs to give me to preen later. Hmm

EvaBird

Strolling the yard
Yes, I ended with " you have the chair, I will stand" because the only way to move her when she is like this iscwith a towel. Otherwise she follows the chop stick.

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
That made me laugh!

macaws can get hyper and not realize what they are doing. They also have a sense of humor that many humans do not find as funny. She was having a moment, walk away for a second or remind her to "be gentle". She did not seem angry but more excited and funny... at least funny to her. Lol

EvaBird

Strolling the yard
Well that I can handle then! Managing her is becoming like my toddler :D

Sadieladie1994

Riding the Skies
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Peggy
Take this opportunity to do something positive. Just start mimicking her, add your own moves and tell her DANCE. B&G's are so social and want to be with their people. Play stands are nice but you sit in a chair so they want a chair. Give him one....his very own. Mine has learned what is really momma's chair and is not allowed but he can sit on a chair next to me.

Here is what Ben's chair looks like:

Amazon.com : LA Baby Commercial/Restaurant Wooden High Chair, Natural : Childrens Highchairs : Baby

It cheaper than some macaw toys. I can put food on the seat so he can get his own stuff vs my stuff off the table. I don't care if he takes a bite out of the wood as it is his chair. He can climb this chair easily.

A diversion is helpful. Obviously it is a great place as you spend your time there. And if the chair spins it is even more fun.

PS my chair came in pieces so was easy to sand down/off the coating. Then I put it together. The favorite part of the chair is the seat belt...great toy Ben says.

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Well that I can handle then! Managing her is becoming like my toddler :D

They are toddlers forever!!! have some fun with it. After you spend more time with her you will realize those moments are playing, just macaw wild style. Also, the more nips you get you will learn which ones meant something and which ones did nt. Lol