• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Free Training in Maryland

Maxsmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Upcoming Phoenix Landing events

First up this year is a brand new behavior class being taught by Kevin Blaylock. Kevin will be teaching a class called “An Introduction to Behavior and Training.” Come learn how we interact with our birds and how the behaviors we encourage can make all the difference in our relationships. There are always good behaviors we want to reinforce, and ones that we don't want to live with. Understanding the concepts of behavior will go a long way towards building a positive, long-term relationship. This class might even inspire you to start some training with your parrot. Just a couple of minutes a day can make a big difference, and provide your bird with much deserved mental stimulation.

Please join us, this coming Saturday, February 28th, 2015 from 10am – Noon at:
Good Shepherd Lutheran Church
1415 West 7th St., Frederick MD

The one and only Ann Brooks, Founder and President of Phoenix Landing will be teaching another new class called “Did you Know? A Gathering of Parrot Care Information.” This is a brand new class for Phoenix Landing and it also satisfies our foster/adoption process. This class covers some of the primary areas of health, enrichment, intelligence, nutrition, housing and safety. Join us for a discussion about some of the more intriguing aspects of parrots, and how we can strive to make their lives longer, healthier and happier.

Please join us and meet Ann on Sunday, March 8, 2015from 1-3pm at:
Sheraton Annapolis*
73 Jennifer Rd, Annapolis, MD.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Would love to come out there sometime for one of your classes......and to meet Ann!

Maxsmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
I have attended the STEP UP class in Asheville a year or so ago. Kevin and Ann taught the class. Lots of great info....so I expect these 2 classes will be great.

I very much admire PL. Except for STEP UP class(very inexpensive when compared to other hands on classes) their classes are free. They want to ensure birds have a better chance at getting long term homes so they provide tons of info to potential and existing bird owners. They seem very focused on their mission. I have not adopted through them but still have been able to attend their sessions. I do donate to them though because I find their mission admirable.