• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

This is how I am spending my evening....

Newbie GCC

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Heather
Last batch of chop did not last as long as I thought. Guess how I am spending my evening? Yep.....chopping my little heart out!
One pan seasoned with cinnamon, one pan seasoned with jalapenos. Still have to add the sweet potatoes, corn and chop the apples for both.
IMAG2108.jpg

Newbie GCC

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Heather
Decided to skip the sweet potatoes. Don't think I could have fit another thing in those pans after the corn and apples. Ended up having to mix the batches together in my huge fryer/stew pot. I can alway add a little sweet potato when I feed them the individual servings.
I tasted both batches in the mixing and they were pretty good. Even the jalapeno batch was good! The sweet of the apple with the spice of the peppers was a pretty good combo.
Here is hoping the Fids like them. I think they are bored with the current batch, anyway.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Yeah! I usually eat some of my chop too. I think it's a great salad!

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Do you freeze it? If yes, how do the apples hold up when thawed?

Newbie GCC

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Heather
I did freeze it. I am guessing they hold up pretty well. Both of them ate pretty darn well tonight. They have been pretty enthralled with each other and not eating much more than a few bites of thier chop lately. Tonight they ate better than they have in a few days. Not great, but better! Hopefully their own newness will wear off soon.