• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New poster here!

Valerianroot

Moving in
Real Name
Valerie Hopper
Hey everyone! I've been reading this board for a while now and finally decided I should post and introduce myself :)

So here it goes! I'm Val, I live in Texas and I currently own just one Cockatiel, a female pearl pied named Yoshi. I love my lil girl. I've got some questions regarding her, but figured I'd introduce myself and share some cute pictures of Yoshi with everyone first.

Well that's a lil bit about Yoshi and I. I hope you enjoyed the pictures and I look forward to gaining valuable knowledge from this community! :D

JosienBB

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:welave:

Yoshi is very pretty :)

Valerianroot

Moving in
Real Name
Valerie Hopper
Thank you JosienBB :) I LOVE your Hawkhead! I've always admired them.

firdy num num

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Eden
:hello:Welcome to the avenue, Yoshi is super gorgeous, I love her Pearls streaming down her back.:swoon:welcome to both of you:cheer:

Newbie GCC

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Heather
:hello:

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Welcome to the neighborhood! I love your avatar of your beautiful Yoshi!

Valerianroot

Moving in
Real Name
Valerie Hopper
Thank you everyone for your warm welcome and kind words about Yoshi! I think she's beautiful, but I know I am quite biased :D

Valerianroot

Moving in
Real Name
Valerie Hopper
Welcome! Our tiels have the same cage! Very roomy :)
I love the cage! Feeding and clean up is easy! (Although, as you can see I put the newspaper ABOVE the grate at the bottom for an even easier clean up :D ) She used to actually have an even larger cage, but I realized the bar spacing was too large for her and promptly went out and got this one. She wasn't upset about the loss of space at all though, she loves this cage with the door on top so she can come out and sit on it and keep an eye on all the happenings in the house.

Thank you so much for the welcome! Your Teil is adorable!!

Tweet

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jacklyn
I love the cage! Feeding and clean up is easy! (Although, as you can see I put the newspaper ABOVE the grate at the bottom for an even easier clean up :D ) She used to actually have an even larger cage, but I realized the bar spacing was too large for her and promptly went out and got this one. She wasn't upset about the loss of space at all though, she loves this cage with the door on top so she can come out and sit on it and keep an eye on all the happenings in the house.

Thank you so much for the welcome! Your Teil is adorable!!
Sunny had a large cage to, same thing Bar Spacing was WAY to big ( it was a kitty condo type cage, like how they have at shelters ) My grandmother bought it for him, but we ultimately returned it after, few years later we got this. :) It's pretty nice, expect the mechanism for keeping the top door shut never worker and slid off, so I just use a clothes pin to keep it shut.

Valerianroot

Moving in
Real Name
Valerie Hopper
Sunny had a large cage to, same thing Bar Spacing was WAY to big ( it was a kitty condo type cage, like how they have at shelters ) My grandmother bought it for him, but we ultimately returned it after, few years later we got this. :) It's pretty nice, expect the mechanism for keeping the top door shut never worker and slid off, so I just use a clothes pin to keep it shut.
Ah, good to know! I haven't had any issues with keeping the door shut, but I will keep an eye out. I guess the only complaint I'd have with it is the food trays don't exactly open smoothly. Other than that I love it. And so does Yoshi and that's really all that matters.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Welcome! She's beautiful! I love pearls. :)

Tanya

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tanya
Welcome, welcome!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month