• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

It Has Started

Happynme

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carmen
@zvezdast
Plastic Bird Eggs-Speckled Amazon.com: Plastic Bird Eggs-Speckled: Kitchen & Dining

There were seams where the plastic had been molded...i rememdied that by sanding them down a little with fine grit sand paper. . The speckles and the seam came right off. A good wash and in they went. :)
There are better ones ...but we did just fine with these.

fluffypoptarts

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh yeah, my girl & I fight every day now about who actually owns mama's shirt space. :p I lose, naturally.

zvezdast

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
my girls are lovies and they are NOT wanting to breed cause i do not provide them toys that get them hormonal or into nesty behaviour!.
What kind of toys do you avoid?

I think I can guess the answer, but am still curious. :)

zvezdast

Avenue Veteran
@zvezdast
sanding them down a little with fine grit sand paper. . The speckles and the seam came right off.
Thank you!
I saw those but since they were specked and not white, I didn't think those would work. Glad to hear some sanding does the trick.

zvezdast

Avenue Veteran
Oh yeah, my girl & I fight every day now about who actually owns mama's shirt space. :p I lose, naturally.
Yeah, we fight over who gets to stand in front of the kitchen sink cabinet: by feet or her! :)
Once she climbs on my slippers, I give her a light fling, she flies to the top of the cabinet, and then comes down right away. She is very persistent this girl.

zvezdast

Avenue Veteran
Is your lovie a green or lutino ect? Also wjats this girls name? Pictures? Lol im nosey...can u tell?
Her "current" name is Zuja. It's been changed before. I call her all sorts of nicknames instead of one name, anyways. It means "one who is buzzing around" in my native language. That's her.
She is a Fischer's lovebird. Don't have any pictures uploaded yet, need to get on it. :)

I had peachface lovies before, green, lutino, dutch blue, and pied. One pair had several babies as well. The longest one lived 17 years. After my last female died at 11 years old, after a long struggle with seizures (years!), and being so sick the last few months that she could barely stand, I needed a change. I decided to get into Fischer's.
I first got a male, who died unexpectedly at 2 years of age, of some "ventricular" event - the vet couldn't find anything wrong with him at necropsy. Here is one picture of Ficho.
DSC02821[1].JPG
Few months later I asked for another male from the same breeder, but this time her detection skills fell short, and I found out I have a female 3 weeks after I got her. After seeing how some birds live at the homes of bird-breeders, I couldn't take her back. Her life was already so much more richer.
Zuja looks very much like Ficho.

Happynme

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carmen
And here is Zuja, from her latest photo session. :)
She is going through a molt, so she leaves tiny feathers wherever she goes.
View attachment 193915
She is so pretty! I love her name. Im very big on the meaning of names. I think your very lucky as from what i.understand lots of fichers arent as people friendly. I know there is always an aception . Im thankful she has a observant and loving home. Your taking good care of her!