• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

What is the weirdest sound your cockatoo makes?

RosieBird

Rollerblading along the road
Our M2 neighs like a horse. We've been trying to figure out where she picked it up because she's never been around horses, maybe from a TV program. We've spoken to both her previous owners and they don't know where she would have picked that up. I find it interesting though that she will NOT allow anyone to video tape her doing this. As soon as I point the camera she stops. She allows me to record her doing everything else imitating geckos, a dog barking, a crow (a real obnoxious crow), a wood pecker, etc. One night at dusk she was out on her line neighing so I grabbed the camera and crawled along the floor to covertly tape her doing this as soon as she spotted me she stopped and was like "Hello" "Hello". Like you are so busted and not taping me doing this, ok?

Figure that one out!

Tanya

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tanya
That's so very cute that she feels private about it!

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Just keep posting and this thread can be the best ever!! ♥

lupe

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lupe
That's so very cute that she feels private about it![/

And I think that's true! ..Elvis has his moments where he's listing to Zen music and swaying to it peacefully. .the minute I approach him with my phone. .he snaps out of his zone..and says..Lupe!..Watt r ya doing??.lol

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
The weirdest sound Milton makes is a "weee-woooo-weee-wooo" while he hangs upside-down and swings back and forth. I think the sound is just a bonus to the action....

Tanya

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tanya
It's pretty funny when Rhubarb imitates my laugh. Watching TV, I'll laugh and she'll be a click behind me with a cartoony "eh-eh-eh" sound. Sometimes she stares really hard at me when doing it... I imagine she's trying to figure out the mysterious context in which to use the "eh-eh" flock call.

lupe

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lupe
:lolsign:Toos are true weirdos. .

RosieBird

If I ever figure out how to edit a video I'll post it to youtube. Then link it here.

I love it when they swing upside, probably my favorite thing she does. They are just having so much fun and seem so incredibly happy.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
My Goffin's, Keno, makes this noise that sounds as if she is being strangled. I run upstairs to check on her and, of course, nothing is wrong.

melissasparrots

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Ariel used to do her best imitation of an ambulance siren whenever I got into the shower. I live on one of the main streets that ambulances use to get to smaller side streets. Plus one of my neighbors has frequent need to call them. They used to run their siren more. Now thankfully its mostly just their lights and Ariel doesn't do the sound effects as often. Cassie does the smoke detector, but thankfully not nearly as loud as the actual alarm.

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
The weirdest sound Milton makes is a "weee-woooo-weee-wooo" while he hangs upside-down and swings back and forth. I think the sound is just a bonus to the action....
A Despicable Me minion.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Secret, my Amazon, does that crow sound.

Hate it. Absolutely cringe when I hear it

Aubrey

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:rofl: This thread is great entertainment! Please keep posting! :dance5::dance4: