• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

The bathroom is going to eat me

Princessbella

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
I don't know why but Bella goes crazy every time I have to go to the bathroom. It is like the bathroom is going to eat me. If she is in her cage, she will start screaming but if she is not in her cage, she will fly to the ground and then run into the bathroom as fast as she can. Heaven forbid I close the bathroom door. Then I would have a wailing tiel. She does not do this if I take a shower though or if I am in another room. What weird things do your birds do that make you shake your head?:bash:

Tweet

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jacklyn
She probably hears the toilet flush and the roaring sounds startles her, thinking something bad is happening haha. Sunny will freak out when I walk out the door in the morning to get the mail, he runs in his cage screaming. someone misses his mama.

blewin

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ben
Buddy flips out whenever she is near a cabinet. No idea why, but she throws a little temper tantrum whenever a cabinet door opens.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Romeo loves the cabinets and wants to try to climb up their shear fronts while muttering to himself whenever he is near them. He is obsessed with them and always wants to check them out. It's very baffling!:chin:

greys4u

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
The only thing that freaks Valentine out is the Roomba, I have it scheduled for a certain run time and when she hears it start up, she does too :cool10:

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
If I could actually trust my dog, cats and birds together, then I wouldn't be surprised if I had cat paws/eyes, a dog nose and a bird's eye peaking underneath the bathroom door while I *tried* to do my business in privacy!!!! :lol:

noelmac

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Rosemary
Our first Siberian Husky never let me go to the bathroom alone -- she always opened the door. She also laid outside the shower when I took a shower. I've always wondered if anyone's fid waits up for them before they will go up to their perch to sleep at night. Noel (my 'tiel) sleeps in the same room as we do. We have tried putting her in the next room where she could have more peace and quiet for the night, but she has such a screeching fit we have always relented. It's funny -- I put her to bed and cover her up -- always leaving about 1/3 of the front of the cage uncovered. Then I go to take a shower. Sometimes she will call to me while I'm in the shower. I might make several trips from the bathroom to the bed before I actually get in the bed to read for awhile. But she always knows when I've made my last trip and am ready to stay in the bedroom. Until that time she stays down low in the cage so she can check on me. It took me a long time to realize how she knew what my last trip out of the bathroom was. It dawned on me a few months ago that I leave the light on in the bathroom until I'm almost ready to go to sleep. As soon as I turn out the light in the bathroom (even though I still have a small reading light on in the bedroom), she goes up to her top perch to go to bed. They are smarter than we give them credit for.

Mikey

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Mikey
Buddy flips out whenever she is near a cabinet. No idea why, but she throws a little temper tantrum whenever a cabinet door opens.
This is what my ruby does!!! Crest all the way up on high alert and screams! Does Buddy scream?

Mikey

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Mikey
If I don't wake up in time on weekenders to wake Ruby up, she runs on the bottom of her cage making an ear piercing screech. :shifty: Too bad daddy doesn't want to wake up yet :rofl:
when she's really lonely she'll Jump off her cage to get to me as I close the door. I then pick her up give her some quick rubs and then I have to go. She's so pathetic and no one else can pet her. She's mine she will hiss and "bite" at you if you try to pet her. The reason bite is in quotes is because well, I don't think Ruby knkws how to bite :wideyed:

Irishj9

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
JP
I've always wondered if anyone's fid waits up for them before they will go up to their perch to sleep at night. /QUOTE]

Wonder no more. Cha_Cha and Fingers wait every night to be picked up and put to bed in their nestbox. They go happily, crooning away.
If I'm not there on time they will select a random nestbox and chaos ensues

ArowanaLover

Sprinting down the street
Nigel also freaks out in the bathroom, not in a bad way, it has a mirror that takes up a large portion of the wall and he walks right over to admire himself.