• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Please help me identify this cage??

TwoTinyTrees

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
would it be proper for a GCC ? o_O Don't know the bar spaces ...thanks!! :D
image.jpg

JosienBB

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That's a Marvelous cage. It looks like either 1/2" or 5/8" spacing, but I'm not certain.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Looks like Marvelous Chateau or Chateau XL. I have two XLs for red-bellied parrots. I have to go out but can measure the bar spacing later. I think this cage would probably be OK for your conure.

karen256

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
It would be very nice for a GCC. It looks to be their 32x24" one and I remember it having GCC safe spacing when I was looking at those cages... 5/8" I think. They were such a good price. It's a shame they only made them for a short time.
EDIT: On second thought, it's possible that cage is the larger size, which would have spacing too big for a GCC. But if it is the 32" wide one, then it would be great for a GCC.

TwoTinyTrees

Avenue Veteran
Oh ok thanks! I found it on craiglist for 100$ gonna go look at it today!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
The 32" wide is the Chateau XL and has bar spacing of about 1/2" measuring from the inside of each bar. I regret not buying another one of these as well as their Bungalow style cage.

TwoTinyTrees

Avenue Veteran
It sucks that they went out of business....or whatever happened to them. :( This cage is really nice!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I read that the father gave the business to his son and the son really didn't care much about it so he let it go downhill. It's really too bad because I like the cages. The only things I wasn't thrilled with were the dish holders and the door locks and that little latch that keeps the smaller front door closed. Make sure that the latch is tight and check it from time to time because it gets loose and sometimes pops off or turns.

Last edited:

TwoTinyTrees

Avenue Veteran
Thanks so much for the information @iamwhoiam !! Thats a darn shame and yes when I went to go take a look at it the lady who currently has the cage had a ziplock tie on it lol...I will have to find a way to make sure Spruce doesnt figure out how to open it! Thank you so much for the advice! I hope that the cups will be ok because I just love this cage!!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I've found the birds out every now and then and try to remember now to check that latch and make sure it is still tight. Could kick myself for not buying another one or two. One more negative, imo, though, is the grate. If you take it out there is a gap and would have been nice if there was an option not to use the grate like with the Avian Adventures' cages. I also never open the top. I don't feel comfortable with that.
How does Spruce like the new cage?

TwoTinyTrees

Avenue Veteran
@iamwhoiam He is absolutely LOVING IT! he especially loves to come out from the top lol I need to post a picture of his new set up soon! So far the little latch door hasnt been a problem but i think im going to secure it with something from now on...hes a pretty clever boy :)

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
@AmiMayiplus12

My red-bellies were originally afraid of the cages because they were so accustomed to their previous ones but they soon got over that.

TwoTinyTrees

Avenue Veteran
Spruce moved right on in!:D But he was absolutely TERRIFIED of the lamp I use for his Full Spectrum lighting but after standing there for about 1/2 an hour talking to this lamp and acting exited about it ( i mustve looked like a fool):roflmao: he finally came around and now he doesnt mind it :):)