• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Video Part 2, Mr Peepers damn annoying noisy adventures

Mr Peepers

Cruising the avenue
The adventure originally started from this thread - Mr Peepers had an Adventure

I'm making Mr Peepers exercise by kicking him out of his cage and making him fly around so yesterday evening he got the boot :kickout:I watched him fly very well over to SPX's cage. :yahoo:

Unfortunately for me I have to hear Mr Peepers announcing he's done this Death Defying Feat, VERY LOUDLY. :explode: Poor SPX he has to watch the invader hop around above him while listening to that annoying LOUD PEEP as well. :headsmack: (if you look closely SPX the Blue Spangle can be seen sitting quietly under the pest) :shh:

I've Flown Hear Me Roar

While Mr Peepers is still peeping he decides he's going home to his cage, when he gets home he announces success from his flight with noisy peeps but he's not exactly happy because he landed on top of the cage and he still can't figure out how to jump down and enter his home. (all the while frustrated peeping continue) :tmsmakesme: <-- this is me.

Screw this, I'm Outta Here!

He's so annoyed about not getting inside the cage he takes off back to SPX's cage again. YAY! He's exercising!!!! I'm winning this battle:dance4: even if I'm going deaf from the annoying loud PEEPS. (yeah notice that the nekkid nanner ain't dancing for joy right now is he........ :dance4::dance4::dance4::dance4::dance4:FAIL!

Excuse the shaky video the scotch was kicking in. :tongue2:

Screw this, I'm going back to SPX's Cage!

Now that he's back on SPX's cage he's not sure what to do, besides peep noisily and hop around.

What do I do now?

More noisy peeping follows as he hops around I had to laugh when I noticed Mr Peepers has seen the seed cup in SPX's cage he does a couple of head turned sideways double takes checking them out. :wideyed: :xflove:

HOT DAMN BLACK SEEDS I WANT THEM!

Sadly I missed his big flight, but he got fed up with not getting seeds so he flew back to his home and glided right inside his cage with ease. He looked and sounded pretty damn happy about this landing. :dancing:

He figured he'd reward himself with a couple of seeds but there was no yummy black seeds in the cup so he said screw it and hung out next to his bead sliding toy. QUIETLY! :D

HOME! I'm Home!

All the while poor SPX sitting in his cage thinking :chin:DAMN THAT STUPID BIRD IS LOUD AND ANNOYING!

I HATE MR PEEPERS! :yapyap:

the end of the video adventure. :)

Last edited:

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
"I'm going to be a noisy shizz"

:lol:
I guess you never heard of the sound of a Alba 'Too?, (Cacatua alba) compared to that Mr P is a very quite bird. :angel3:

Have you thought about let them interact with each other?
I have a friend that have budgies, finches and tiels together in a big cage, they get a along really well.

gibsongrrrl

Courtney Lou Hoo
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Courtney Lou Hoo
darn, I am going to have to watch them when i get off work so i can hear him. Sure is a cute little guy:heart:

Mr Peepers

Cruising the avenue
"I'm going to be a noisy shizz"

:lol:
I guess you never heard of the sound of a Alba 'Too?, (Cacatua alba) compared to that Mr P is a very quite bird. :angel3:

Have you thought about let them interact with each other?
I have a friend that have budgies, finches and tiels together in a big cage, they get a along really well.

Mr Peepers will eventually hang out and eat all his meals on top of SPX's cage because he needs to fly and exercise so the 2 birds will be interacting at some point. Budgies can be bullies sometimes so I have to watch and see how things go when they do get introduced.

Right now I need Peepers exercising and getting a bit more in shape especially before I will allow SPX to fly with him, since Peepers is new to flying I don't want him being bombarded by SPX doing his fighter pilot impressions zipping around Peepers with ease, it would probably scare the crap outta the little Peep bird so they will have to remain apart for now.

firdy num num

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Eden
:hehe:Time to get my popcorn:roflmao: Seems like Mr.Peeps can fool you any time, and when visitors are over he acts all angelic and sweet.:rofl:

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Thanks, that made my afternoon. Mr Peepers sure is a character. I love watching him & his evil PEEP.

:rofl:

wyrinth

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Too cute. Canaries have quite some character.

pajarita

Walking the driveway
I couldn't hear the videos well, they played all cut-up for me so I don't know what kind of peep he is making (call or alarm) but, please, be careful about letting a canary out of its cage. I know this is going to sound all wrong because I am such a firm believer of flight and keeping parrots cage-free but, of all the babies I've given away, the only three that died young were also the only three that people allowed to come out of the cage to fly every day. It could be a coincidence but, if it is, it's one of those for Guinness because it did not happen to any other baby (and I've been breeding them for 25 years and have cared for them for over 50). Canaries are domesticated birds, they have been kept and bred in cages since the 1400's and, as a consequence, they have pretty much lost their survival skills so, although I don't know why the ones that were allowed to fly out died young, my theory is stress. Personally, if I were you, I would get him a large flight cage, instead.

webchirp

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
It's so quiet....if the conures aren't screaming my Mr. Peepers is singing his little lungs out.

Mr Peepers

Cruising the avenue
Thanks, that made my afternoon. Mr Peepers sure is a character. I love watching him & his evil PEEP.

Thank you for noticing the EVIL peep. Others think I'm joking and that peep is sweet and innocent. :headsmack:

I have nightmares with that evil peep sound haunting me, I wake up in a cold sweat then quickly run downstairs to peek under Mr Peepers covers of his cage to make sure he's really locked in his cage and not free. :scared2:

Mr Peepers

Cruising the avenue
Too cute. Canaries have quite some character.

We've had canaries in our home since I was a kid, I liked them for their song and the fact they are pigs and eat everything you can put in front of them, unlike the fussy nervous budgies who think kale will jump up and kill them when you put it near them.

All of our families canaries were funny and had interesting little personalities but none of them are anything like Mr Peepers. This guy is like a budgie/tiel in a canary body. He's mouthy and noisy when he does things that are new, he's bold and sassy and loves to annoy the crap out of me every morning trying to get me to speak to him or acknowledge I see him.

First thing each morning he paces his cage jumping from perch to perch making annoyed PEEPS, if I speak to him he stops everything comes close to the cage door where he can see my face and he SINGS. He sings his silly little butt off.

I have to keep talking to him or he will stop singing....... but his deal is, he wants me to talk to him before he will sing one note in the wee damn bloody AM dark hours of the morning. :rolleyes:

He's unreal. I love this little freaky bird. :heart:

Mr Peepers

Cruising the avenue
I couldn't hear the videos well, they played all cut-up for me so I don't know what kind of peep he is making (call or alarm) but, please, be careful about letting a canary out of its cage. I know this is going to sound all wrong because I am such a firm believer of flight and keeping parrots cage-free but, of all the babies I've given away, the only three that died young were also the only three that people allowed to come out of the cage to fly every day. It could be a coincidence but, if it is, it's one of those for Guinness because it did not happen to any other baby (and I've been breeding them for 25 years and have cared for them for over 50). Canaries are domesticated birds, they have been kept and bred in cages since the 1400's and, as a consequence, they have pretty much lost their survival skills so, although I don't know why the ones that were allowed to fly out died young, my theory is stress. Personally, if I were you, I would get him a large flight cage, instead.

Thanks for your input.

I've had pet canaries a long time in my life and they've all been free to fly even with other birds like budgies and tiels in the bird room. I've only had a single male canary when I've had other birds I'm not a breeder of canaries, hens don't interest me as they are not singers. Mr Peepers is a single pet.

In the many years I've had pet canaries none have died young, none have been injured in the bird room by other birds I had. I think they thrived health wise because they could fly. I liked having them fly to a central area in the room to eat so I could make sure they had good exercise to help prevent liver disease or become fat listless birds sitting in a cage.

Today Mr Peepers has flown out of his cage a few times on his own and hung out on top of the budgie cage just because he could, he's not panting he's not sounding out stress calls he's just flying around on his own. He's being a bird doing what all birds should be able to do. Fly.

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Thank you for noticing the EVIL peep. Others think I'm joking and that peep is sweet and innocent. :headsmack:

I have nightmares with that evil peep sound haunting me, I wake up in a cold sweat then quickly run downstairs to peek under Mr Peepers covers of his cage to make sure he's really locked in his cage and not free. :scared2:

Evil PEEP. Evil peep that wakes you from your dreams at night. Evil beady black eyes always watching you. Sing sing you evil Peepers.

pajarita

Walking the driveway
Thanks for your input.

I've had pet canaries a long time in my life and they've all been free to fly even with other birds like budgies and tiels in the bird room. I've only had a single male canary when I've had other birds I'm not a breeder of canaries, hens don't interest me as they are not singers. Mr Peepers is a single pet.

In the many years I've had pet canaries none have died young, none have been injured in the bird room by other birds I had. I think they thrived health wise because they could fly. I liked having them fly to a central area in the room to eat so I could make sure they had good exercise to help prevent liver disease or become fat listless birds sitting in a cage.

Today Mr Peepers has flown out of his cage a few times on his own and hung out on top of the budgie cage just because he could, he's not panting he's not sounding out stress calls he's just flying around on his own. He's being a bird doing what all birds should be able to do. Fly.

How old were your canaries when they died? Do you remember? Because, maybe, we have different ideas of what is young and what is old in a canary. By the way, the ones that died were all males that had never been bred and kept single, also.

Mr Peepers

Cruising the avenue
How old were your canaries when they died? Do you remember? Because, maybe, we have different ideas of what is young and what is old in a canary. By the way, the ones that died were all males that had never been bred and kept single, also.
The 1st canary I owned was 7 years old when I had to leave him with my father as I had to move to the Atlantic coast, my dad had him just over 2 years when the bird died. My father had to move from Vancouver to Ontario and the long 12 day car trip was too much on the canary and he didn't make it.

My other canary was 14 yrs old when he died, he could still sing but his song was nothing like it was when he was younger. He died from a bunch of cysts on his body.

Princessbella

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
Very cute videos and stories. Mr. Peepers is so adorable. Why can't he have a few black seeds if he flies a lot? I don't know much about canaries so I hop your not offended.