• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

whats your favorite poi?

parrotlover4

Walking the driveway
I am looking at adopting a poi. Whats your favorite of the bunch?:senegal:

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
definitely Cape parrots. i have raised several others and i really love Capes. :heart:

parrotlover4

Walking the driveway
Yes same. Capes and sennies. I hope that a cape chooses me at the resque. If they have one

gibsongrrrl

Courtney Lou Hoo
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Courtney Lou Hoo
I've spent time around sennies, red bellies, and jardines, but meyer's are my all time favorite parrot :)

parrotlover4

Walking the driveway
Everyone has a diffrent opinon! I like them all but I would prefer a red belly being not as shy and I like brining my birds out to places like the mall lol.

cupoftea

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Anna
Do people who have had several species find that they differ quite a bit in personalities and behaviour?

parrotlover4

Walking the driveway
Do people who have had several species find that they differ quite a bit in persinalities and behaviour?
They all have some difrences from what I read. Red bellies more confident, senegals are feisty and capes are gental giants. It is the individual bird though. No two birds are the exact same.

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Good luck with your choice

SueA555

Real Name
Sue Anderson
I've had a Meyer's and a Jardine's. I've found the Jardine's is overall an easier bird to deal with.

Shastasmom

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sally
I've had a Cape, Senegal, Meyer's and Red belly. I have also raised all but the Capes. I think so far my favorite was a female red belly. Though not as colorful as the boys, they are consistently sweet and often overlooked. Next on my list is the Meyer's. I have one named Pippin that I am still feeding out and he is a hoot.

tracieerin

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tracie
I have a male Senegal and a female RB. Jack, the Senegal is much sweeter and easier to handle. Penny, the RB, used to be super tame but went through a phobic attack a few years ago that changed our relationship. She is still very funny and a show-off, though.

Katharyn Martin

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Katharyn Martin
My first poi was a beautiful Meyers. I now have a Senegal & a brown headed parrot, but I can't decide which is my favorite. My Senegal makes us laugh all the time, while my brown headed is so sweet & lovable. I love all of them :)

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Jardines are on my short wish list

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
My heart bird is Sunshine Senegal. My favorite Poi species is the Meyers Parrot.

Sunny picked me 15 years ago at a bird show. I find her quiet, intense Senegal bond extremely emotionally satisfying, and her dedication to me returned to her three-fold. She is a one of a kind of love I have never experienced before and want to continue feeling as much and as long as possible.That said, I find the intense, bright colors, supreme loyalty and the headstrong stubbornness of the Meyers irresistible and enjoy them as companions. But I have not been blessed with a Meyers relationship anything as close as that I have with Sunny.

Last edited:

Nikomania

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
My Jardine's. Teak, is an absolute cuddle bug. Haven't owned any other pois, so my recommendation is a bit biased.