• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

One year with Rowan

Ark

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
How fast one year flies by! I can barely believe it. A year ago today I met Rowan for the first time. I didn't know anything about parrots and I never had any particular interest in them, but everything changed when this cute little conure did everything in his power to get my attention. Who knew a bird could like cuddling and playing and snuggling with his person? Not me. But when you're CHOSEN by a bird, any preconceived notions about what they're supposed to be like kind of go out the window. I hadn't even held a bird before, but he stepped right up for me and puffed up all of his feathers, asking for head scratches and help with his pin feathers on our very first meeting. I'm not sentimental and don't really believe in "love at first sight", but I would make an exception to that statement for Rowan.

In the past year I've learned more than I could ever have imagined about parrots, and I'm taught even more on a daily basis by living with him. I can say without a doubt that he's my best friend and every day with him is an adventure. Even when he's chewed up my phone charger for the zillionth time or when he's busy being a ball of annoying hormonal energy, he's still perfect to me. All of the negative parts of bird ownership seem so inconsequential considering how much he has enriched my life.

So... thank you Rowan, for picking me and being the greatest companion ever. With luck on our side, I look forward to spending the next couple of decades together.

Rowanwave.jpg

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Congratulations on 1 year together may you have many many many more years together with this beautiful sweet bundle of feathers.

Reactions: Ark

ConureTiel

Avenue Veteran
You are lucky to have each other. A great pair!

:jenday: :swoon:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
:fidmagic: Congrats on your year with Rowan anniversary!

Princessbella

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
Rowan is adorable and congrats on one year with him but please don't let him chew on electrical cords because that will shorten his life.

Ark

Avenue Veteran
Thank you everyone! And thanks for the concern, @Princessbella . Believe me, I try my absolute best to keep dangerous things away from his beak... preventing parrots from chewing up what they shouldn't is really a full-time job in and of itself.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Congrats to you both! :dance4: Rowan is a wonderful example of a bird "choosing" their person...and what good taste birdies have.... :)

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Happy 1st year anniversary! :)

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Congrats to both of you! :heart:
Very beautiful words! And they are all so true! :)

lupe

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lupe
:congrats5: a year really DOES go by fast...hi five Rowan..ya cute little man you...may you both have many more happy years to come...

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Congratulations on one year together!

Matt