• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Afro-man

Wulfgeist

Strolling the yard
Oy that name..I got sent a couple more pictures tonight. I guess a foster has picked him up from the home and the lady that does the rescue is planning on going down next Saturday to get him and bring him to me. I do hope this all goes well, I'm afraid to believe it is real.

The box came today with the food and extra goodies I ordered. I pulled out the snuggle blanket thing and started to unwrap it, dreading it would be pink :dead: and see instead...it is...purple... :eek: Everything of Jasper's by fate wound up being purple. I hope this is a sign all will be well and this is going to happen.

038.jpg 037.jpg

He looks really good (he's called a he, there's been no dna..yet) and is supposedly 6 years old but the eyes don't look very yellow in those pictures. I am assuming they are from the foster's. The foster's husband was able to give him a head scritch. I just hope they don't fall in love with him so I don't get to have him..

And that name..it needs changed...

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Here's hoping it all goes well & love grey & purple.

Aren't greys eyes supposed to be grey?

Wulfgeist

Strolling the yard
They go from near black as a baby to lighter grey, silver, finally a straw yellow at around..2-3 I think? hard to tell in the pictures they are a little blurry but there might be a little yellow in his eyes.

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
:heart: Guess I've never seen a older bird as every grey I've seen had the silver eyes...Cool!

Kiwibird08

Jogging around the block
He's so pretty! Looks well cared for and healthy, I hope everything works out for you :cool: HI also hope he doesn't know his name already, if you plan to change it :p .

Wulfgeist

Strolling the yard
He's so pretty! Looks well cared for and healthy, I hope everything works out for you :cool: HI also hope he doesn't know his name already, if you plan to change it :p .
Yeah I'm really hoping so too. I haven't gotten much of a history on the bird like how long the girl had him, where she got him from or anything so Im not sure how long he's been called that name. He supposedly was *very* well cared for and from the pictures it sure looks like it. I think that must be a cage at the foster's, the last picture I got of him looked to be in a different cage and she didn't think they got the cage, just him. I'm jsut hoping the foster's don't fall in love with him and want to keep him. The foster lady's husband was able to give him a scritch, supposedly he's untouchable and won't step up that's why the owner wanted to be rid of him. :bored:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
He/she is beautiful. You could change the name to Africa. It's close to Afro-man. It sounds nicer. And it would fit either a boy or girl. And it is fitting for an African grey.

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
He/she is stunning! Whatever name you want for him just add it to the end of Afro-Man ad say it regularly and after awhile you can drop the part you don't want once he gets used to the new name. :D