• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

The oldest conure on A.A? Give the age of your conures !

Alison

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
My Nanday Mordi is 9 and a bit, and seems to have forgotten she is a parrot - she thinks she is a human with green feathers!

FeathersNFluff

Checking out the neighborhood
My green cheeked conure ("normal" color) just passed away at 22 years 4 1/2 months old. Ever the little comical bundle of life and joy! I had a blue crowned conure that passed away 2 years ago at 24 years old (if not older). He (she? never was sexed) was wild-caught and previous owners said they had him a year and that pet store told them he was a year old when they adopted him. But they didn't know how accurate the information the pet store had was. So at the very least, he was two when I adopted him and I had him for 22 years. :xflove:
:gcc: :blucc:

Heather F

Rollerblading along the road
My green cheeked conure ("normal" color) just passed away at 22 years 4 1/2 months old. Ever the little comical bundle of life and joy! I had a blue crowned conure that passed away 2 years ago at 24 years old (if not older). He (she? never was sexed) was wild-caught and previous owners said they had him a year and that pet store told them he was a year old when they adopted him. But they didn't know how accurate the information the pet store had was. So at the very least, he was two when I adopted him and I had him for 22 years. :xflove:
:gcc: :blucc:
So sorry for your losses! They must have been darlings. Thank you for sharing.

Ellie Kane

My Tiffany is a Green Cheeked Conure who turned 17 in April. :D I've had her since she was 5 weeks old. She doesn't look or act old. She get's lots of variety in her diet, lots of freedom, plenty amusement and a whole lot of love. I chatted briefly with a lady in a conure group who's GCC is 21. The picture did not look like an "old" bird. IMHO the stats of 10 - 25 were decided at a time before the popularity of these birds grew to what it is today and there was less data. I'm seeing more and more now 25 - 35 and up to 30 and 30 -35, I hope so. That's as far as information that seems new and updated. Some sites still have the same info they did 10 or more years ago. I don't count that. 008.JPG

pinkyisblue

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
My Mochi is anywhere from 4-8 years old. I wasnt able to track her band so I dont really know, i call her my grumpy old lady bird sometimes though lol

Bandit is likely between 2 and 3 years, very hormonal at times for sure. Hes calmed down a lot though. He has no band so we cant be sure, but he does like to be babied more then I would expect for an older bird.

QBird

Jogging around the block
BTC 10 years and MBC 12 years (although they live with my dad now not me :sad14:)

Blupogu

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
My gcc is about 1.5 years old, even thought the internet says gccs live for 30-35 years....the breeder i got him from told me they live for 15-18 years with proper diet, cleanliness and sunlight.

Dostc426

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Chelsea Dostert
This is such a wonderful thread! I love being able to hear how old of birds you all have!! :D May I ask what kind of diet you feed them all?

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Phoenix is 1 3/4 years old & a Crimson Bellied. Hope our conures live good long lives.
:heart:

WP_20141007_028.jpg

Last edited:

Menagerie Mama

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heidi
Bella Belle, my yellow sided green cheek is 6.5 months...our adventure begins! :heart:

Nikomania

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
My sister in law's blue crown conure lived to be 33 years old. Her cockatiel lived to be 35 years old. Amazing!

Drevik

My blue crown conures are 20 (female), who I have had since she was 6 months old) and 30 (male), who I have had since he was 13

Alfie's Mum

Meeting neighbors
My little Alfie is only about 2.5 months and I hope he is with me for a long time I already love him to bits!

Maeslou

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Maegan
Cooper turns 3 next month! I am hoping for many many more to come! :heart: