• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Question on biting/nipping

Lavalleer

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Robert
I will be getting a green cheek in early 2015 and have a question about training regarding nipping/biting. When bitten or nipped is it best to ignore it or respond in some manner. I know that I should not pull away and also to give him something else to chew on but other than that I am confused.

MaddyFanelli

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Maddy
I have a green cheek conjure and it will be a year since we first got him in august we was around 7 months when we first got him. He is usually very cuddly and friendly.The other day he went on a bitting rampage and actually drew blood. He then did that again to my brother a day later. He is also being distant. Any suggestions on whats bothering him, whats wrong, or what to do?

msplantladi

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
I have a green cheek conjure and it will be a year since we first got him in august we was around 7 months when we first got him. He is usually very cuddly and friendly.The other day he went on a bitting rampage and actually drew blood. He then did that again to my brother a day later. He is also being distant. Any suggestions on whats bothering him, whats wrong, or what to do?
Ruling out any health issues-its spring time, they become hormonal & grouchy. This to shall pass.