• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Sleeping Accessories

DWRVT

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Debbie
What do your greys prefer to sleep in or on? Do they use fleece corners, tents, flat perches, a favourite perch?

ncGreyBirdLady

They call Me crazy like its a bad thing!
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie
I guess the greys here on the avenue don't sleep?
:rofl: Sometimes I wonder-Every-time I walk through the room after lights out I hear a couple different soft voices asking "You OK-Huh-You OK?" :heart: All of My Grey's sleep on the highest perch they can,EXCEPT-Madame Gemini ,she sleeps on a different perch just about every night(She is just "special" :heart: :hug8:

Wulfgeist

Strolling the yard
I'm wondering that myself. I never had anything like that for Jasper but he slept up on a high perch. Now my GCC had a little snuggie thing I bought for him to hang over his sleep perch and he loved it...literally.. :bored:

For the rehome that is supposed to be coming next weekend I bought one of those fleecy things then thought how dumb, I spend 21 bucks on this thing and I could have bought a quarter yard of fleece for a few bucks..oh well..

We'll see if he likes it or not.

mindee77

Strolling the yard
My Gray sleeps on a purple cuddly its some what like a small soft blanket. Its her bed and it must be purple. My other bird sleeps under it so its hanging on the side of the cage with a perch under it and he goes under the bed it's so funny. All my birds sleep on a bed each one does it a different way. It funny to watch. The others have a yellow ones. :lol:

pajarita

Walking the driveway
My greys change their favorite roosting perch periodically but they always use tree branches.

Wulfgeist

Strolling the yard
So I got this thing today..it's purple..lol...and doggone it it's simply a square of fleece with the edges fringed and knotted and a quicklink at the top..and I paid 21 bucks..sheesh! and he'll probably be scared of it.

JosienBB

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So I got this thing today..it's purple..lol...and doggone it it's simply a square of fleece with the edges fringed and knotted and a quicklink at the top..and I paid 21 bucks..sheesh! and he'll probably be scared of it.
You mean this thing?

I got the same one, in purple too, for Target my hawkhead. And she's terrified of it LOL

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
You mean this thing?

I got the same one, in purple too, for Target my hawkhead. And she's terrified of it LOL
Okay, would YOU want to sleep in that? It scares ME! No wonder Target doesn't want to have anything to do with it!

crystaljam

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Crystal
:dancing: Merlin sleeps on his top perch at night, and the perch underneath his playstand section of the cage (on the left) during the day.

(my grade 2 picture of Merlin's cage)

cage.png

Last edited:

Theresa

AKA TMS
Administrator
Chief of Police
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Lucy sleeps on her rope perch, she has a flat perch to sleep on, but in the 5+ years it's been there, she's only used it as a treat holder :huh: :rolleyes:
Corkey sleeping place is either TOP SECRET or he really does sleep hanging upside down from the roof of his cage like a bat :huh:
In the 7+ years I've had him I have NEVER been able to catch him sleeping on a perch. No matter what time of the night I go to check, he's hanging upside down!

QBird

Jogging around the block
Perch every time here only Gizmo likes to be as close as possible to toy as well.