• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My rainbow and your wild flocks.

Blackshapes

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Benjamin
Hey gang, snapped this on the camera phone and it made me go Awwww. Anyone else have a wild flock living near them? Our wild ones come every day for a feed, and little Pom-Pom loves it! We have a couple of wild breeding pairs living in our yard.
She is practically part of their flock.
A couple of times having put the cage outside the wild ones have come for a look.
I am wary to do this unsupervised tho, as the cockys are out there too and have tried to get into her cage before, plus i'd hate for her to get any illnesses.

Still it's cute as hell listening to Pom-pom talk all day to the other lories outside, and to hear them respond.
Once a king Parrot hung on our flywire near her window and they were properly talking!

I'm so luckY!

Here she is being the boss of the locals! 20141212_183936.jpg
And here she is being the boss of me!
20141212_184813.jpg I have no idea why that photo is upside down. I rotated it and it still is!! Whatever!

Hope you guys like, let me know about your "wild flocks", I'm interested!

Newbie GCC

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Heather
You and Pom-Pom are very lucky to live where you do! Maybe one day I will make to Australia.....

JAM

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
A few of our wild ones I've posted in the bird watchers forum. :)

Ours have lots of conversations with wild ones several times a day! Often at yelling level. :shifty:

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
That is so cool!

Blackshapes

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Benjamin
We get Lorikeets, cockatoos, King parrots, and rosellas here. The cockys will step up, the lorikeets NEARLY hand feed, the king parrots eat from your hand but only if there are no other birds around, and the Rosellas hide at the top of the tree and wait for everyone to leave. We get the odd Corella too, funny looking birds they are!

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)
awesome! SO jelous of you lol! I've wanted to go to Australia for like at least 10 years, haven't been yet but hope to at some point in my life! Totally agree with @MyAussieFriends, I'd be the same way haha!

Blackshapes

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Benjamin
I just made a thread with some of the local birdlife photos that Ive taken in the Shutterbug Street section... Better late than never! Been a busy year!

Badger

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Michael Thompson
We also get wild rainbows that like to hang around near Lupe's cage. If they decide to be brave enough and land on his cage Lup'e will have a little nip through the wire. Other than that though they seem to enjoy talking to each other!