• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Broken Legged Quaker

Ming-Ming

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ming-Ming
Hm I guess i Never thought really thought about limiting her flight, as it thought it was a better alternative than her trying to drag her leg around.
I just feel bad keeping her cooped up in her cage as she starts getting frustrated and picking at her leg/cast. I can put the collar back on her, but then she just gets all depressed and stops eating/drinking without force.
Should I just have her suck it up with the collar? Clip her wings so she can be out and about without flying? I've never clipped her before, so that would be sad.
Thoughts? Suggestions?

parrotluv

Avenue Veteran
No I am not saying to clip her wings, but she may have to be confined for a period till she heals, it is for her best interest. If she is fussing too much with bandage then yes put collar. I think it would not be wise to clip her because she will still attempt to fly and then injure herself more because of her leg. She will be fine confined, this will protect her and let her heal properly. I would say for about 2 weeks at least

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sorry about Kyoko's broken leg. I hope that she heals quickly.

Ming-Ming

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ming-Ming
Just wanted to share some updated photos, you can see she looks much happier without her cone!

Here she is this morning, chilling out on her perch:

And just now, she likes to sleep like this while I study, even though i feel like my hand is bonking her in the head, i think the rubbing makes it feel like i am scritching her! LOL. She's been like this for the last hour.

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Awwwww, she so cute with her cast, She'll be fine, momma will protect her :heart:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Great that she is doing better.