• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Australian Native Water Birds

Steve Weir

Meeting neighbors
G'day Guys

I drive a bus and one of my routes is to a group of lakes where there are Australian Pelicans, Purple Water Hens, Egrets native ducks and Herrons. There are also Rainbow Lorikeets, Dusky Lorikeets, Scaly Breasted Lorikeets & Eastern Rosellas in the trees.

I think there is nothing better than seeing Native Australian Birds in their natural environment. Awesome!

Lola13

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Chloe
I miss it:( Australia is an amazing place with amazing wildlife.

I will one day make it back there for a visit!

kitsunebandit

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
The closest thing I think I've seen in person is the Indian ringnecks living in Amsterdam! Very jealous. I caught a glimpse of IRN here in the UK but I actually managed to get some good photos in 'Dam!

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
i hope you bring back some good photos please :hug8:

JAM

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
If you can get some photos of those Wild scalies it would be awesome! :heart:

Vegemite

Real Name
Lynne
@Steve Weir OMG, we are almost neighbours. I am next suburb across, just near Casey Central. Where were those pics taken?

Steve Weir

Meeting neighbors
Vegemite they are the lakes in Seladra Rise estate. At the end of Linsell blvd Clyde end. Do you breed birds Vegenite? And JAM I will try to get pics of the scaleys and I forget there are also the odd pair of Dusky Lorikeets as well.

Reactions: JAM

Vegemite

Real Name
Lynne
Vegemite they are the lakes in Seladra Rise estate. At the end of Linsell blvd Clyde end. Do you breed birds Vegenite? And JAM I will try to get pics of the scaleys and I forget there are also the odd pair of Dusky Lorikeets as well.
No I dont breed. I have 7 indoors (in six cages). I really dont want to breed, and to make sure they dont, all mine are males