• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

my baby phoenix gone

mindee77

Strolling the yard
We are in shock.. She was so young she was my little sweetheart.. Its amazing our African Gray understood that she was gone she looked so sad and was making a noise that she was crying.. She loved her boys they were two males cockatiel we have. They miss her. They both seam lost. Our other two birds are really quite. We are all just snuggling and talking about her. This site is a life line to me and my husband. My husband was in tears with all the support and kind words. How do you get over this????????? She was like one of our kids....... She never never never bit she was so kind always!!!!!!! I am lost mad that I couldn't save my baby! Sorry I just need to VENT!!!!!! Many people just don't understand.. "Its only bird" that's what they say. I am so grateful for all of you.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
For most of us who lose our best buddy in the world - we never "get over" it, we just learn to live with the pain. The pain does get less and less with time and one day you will realize that you think about Phoenix with only good thoughts.

It doesn't seem fair, but there are those times that we and our bird fight our very hardest, but we still lose the battle. Still we can take some comfort in knowing that we did all that was possible.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I am very sorry for your loss.

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:sadhug2:

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
they bring us so much joy in our lives and it so painful when they leave. but joy always wins out. the pain will leave and it will take time.
Fly high li'l one, there are friends to play with there, and no more pain.
4ever :tiel2: 's mom

Kellie728

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kellie
So sorry to hear about your little girl. She was loved to the end. Its never hard to lose a pet that we love with all our heart. Hope that each day your pain lessens. :hug8:

Jeddy

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Jan
I am so so very sorry Mindee for your loss. Fly free baby Phoenix. Your where very loved. I feel your pain Mindee. Prayers for you and your husband. Our pets are part of our family.

Take care :hug8:

Skyler

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
I'm so very sorry . :hug8:

Cara

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Cara MacKay
I'm so sorry about Phoenix. It's so hard to say goodbye when we grow to love them so much.

Lo_

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lauren
I am so so sorry, :'(
Fly high and free Phoenix!

And I lost my cat, Booger, and I still think about him some days and cry. He was such a huge part of our family. He went through a move with us, dealt with us bringing in another cat and two dogs, and you just never forget about them, all of their little quirks and ways they showed their love. I personally don't think you ever get over it, you just kind of move on and learn to live with the loss. I feel like for me crying helped a lot. I probably cried for a week straight after we lost him. It just felt good to let all of the sadness out. Sometimes I think I see him walking around the house at night, like he's checking in on us. I hope that soon the heavy heavy feeling of loss can be lifted from you and your husband :hug8: :hug8:

Daisy's Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tiffany
Oh Mindee, I am soo very sorry for your lossss.. :sad4: Phoenix knows how much she was loved by you and you did everything you could for her.. :bluhug: Fly free sweet little one.. :sadhug2:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I'm very sorry for your loss. Fly free little Phoenix. :sorrow:

SueA555

Real Name
Sue Anderson
I'm so sorry for your loss. You gave her a good life when you had her...

mindee77

Strolling the yard
We decided to do a cremation on Phoenix so we can always be together.. I cry daily and just missing her like crazy.. She would love love to take a shower with my husband she was his shower buddy so he is having a rough time without her.. Thanks for the continued support. One Day At A Time.