• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Recalling of Sieben my Abby

shanlung

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
shanlung
This was recently written into a kittie forum. And then I thought why not place this too into beastie sections of birdie forums as well.

So here it is. Since I did not manage to do 100 postings there yet, no URLs allowed. But I think you folks will generally agree a posting of mine contains probably more words then most others

100 postings. So in this case, the URL included here too for those wanting to see the extraction in its original context.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaa

Extracted from my livejournal

Fostering trust between Sieben and Jackie

Sieben would appear within the second of my calling for him.

Each time and about every time. The one time he took a second, I felt he must be doing his toiletry behind the kitchen and yet he ran and jumped out.

Talk is cheap, and therefore a video taken of Sieben coming to me when called.

Almost to split second, and almost as if he was waiting for my call.

So who ever said a kitty will never be trained to come when called?

[video=youtube;1FnVEq6TTTY]

And another extracted from my livejournal entry a couple years ago

Last few photos of Jackie/Sieben and End of this chapter //Future fight with Nic

This morning I saw Sieben lying down by the computer room and far from the living room. I positioned my wife with my camera, and I went to the sofa to call Sieben.

You can see for yourself how Sieben responded to my cue to come, running and pounding and leaping all the way to me. Took him longer than the split second, but do forgive Sieben as he was a lot further away.

Ivan is a lot more laid back, and older at 20 years old. I just felt it better to let Ivan be and not harassed him with recalls the way I did with Sieben. Ivan do periodically come to me when called. He also will come to me when not called.

[video=youtube;yTFk0_Dwfi0]

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I always enjoy reading your posts. :)

MandaExotics

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Amanda
Thanks for sharing :) Your posts are always fun to read and watch.

shanlung

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
shanlung
Thank you folks!

The real world outside already too full of slaughter, mayhem and inhumanity to birdies and beasties and environment, and to humans too.

I rather give you folks stuff fun to read and to watch and to see, and irrelevant to life.
It might even amuse you folks more if they seen the wording of the last video in its full context. For those too lazy to click, I extract all of that now
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Last few photos of Jackie/Sieben and End of this chapter //Future fight with Nic

WARNING WARINING!!!

DO NOT ON THE BASIS OF YOUR SEEING WHAT I HAVE DONE THAT YOU GO AND DO THE SAME WITH YOUR KITTY AND BIRDIE YOURSELF. ENJOY WHAT I WRITE AND DO NOT TRY TO IMITATE WHAT I HAVE DONE. IT IS LIKELY I LEFT OUT DETAILS, ESPECIALLY STUFF I TOOK FOR GRANTED, AND WHICH MAY BE CRITICAL.

YOU SEEN ME DOING FREE FLIGHTS. YOU ALSO SEEN MY WARNINGS TO YOU ALL NEVER TO DO FREE FLIGHTS.

WARNING WARNING !!!

More photos in Flickr folder _Jackie 02 - Entente Cordiale with Sieben
_Jackie 02 - Entente Cordiale with Sieben - an album on Flickr

( Cantonese language refresher: Gwai is cantonese for ghost. Gwaigwai meant ghostly. Shi is mouse, shishi is mousey way. gwaigwai shishi is derogratory cantonese for moving in figurtive sneaky way).

For some months I had been thinking of getting holy water. It would not matter to me if the holy water was blessed personally by the Catholic Pope, or the handful of existing Taoist Pope or the Dalai Lama to exorcise the gwaigwai from Sieben.

I really had not thought it was me that caused it, and it was me that lifted it, and Sieben became such a sweet cat after that. No need for any holy water at all.

This morning I saw Sieben lying down by the computer room and far from the living room. I positioned my wife with my camera, and I went to the sofa to call Sieben.

You can see for yourself how Sieben responded to my cue to come, running and pounding and leaping all the way to me. Took him longer than the split second, but do forgive Sieben as he was a lot further away.