• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Air P

Kaylea

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kaylea
What are the best air purifier?

melissasparrots

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Many people like Austin Airs. I have one and didn't really appreciate it until I put a new filter in it and could really tell after it ran for a few minutes that it really cleaned the air well. Nothing will eliminate bird dander. Especially if you have a cockatoo or grey. But, it will make the air seem a little fresher and cut back on the dust on appliances.

Kaylea

Real Name
Kaylea
I'll check into them :) ty

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
I need to buy a couple Austin's... I'm hoping after the holidays. It wouldn't be fair right now to buy a $500 item for my birds at this moment.

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I have an Austin PetMate and love it.

Kaylea

Real Name
Kaylea
I'm hoping to find one I can affored.. With them changing our insurance and having to pay for my diabetic supplys and my insulin... also having surgery coming up... I don't have alot to spare. :(

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
I have two honey well walmart square/box style hepa air purifiers. They work GREAT. Maybe not Austin great, but pretty well. :)

Kaylea

Real Name
Kaylea
I'll check them out also Ty :)

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Theyre $129 I think. Pretty affordable. Works well, IME. Not amasing like an Austin or Rabbit Air, but they do the job. :)

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I've got a 'too and 2 macaws, so I had to spring for the Austin.

Chantilly Lace

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Chantel
Definitely Austin Air. My Phoenix had such sinus problems. We bought an Austin Air Allergy machine, and he has not had sinus problems since! We bought it from Parrotsparrotsparrots, she gave us a really good deal. We also cleaned our air ducts, which helped a lot too.

They are not cheap, but they have a 5 year warranty and filters have a 5 year prorated warranty as well. We had cheap air purifiers, with HEPA filters, and they didn't do anything. We replaced filters once a month or more, and at $25, we spent more than we would on a Aunstin Air filter, since they last at least 4 years. I can actually smell that the air is cleaner. It is hard to explain, but it works wonders. I had a 2 month long sinus infection that cleared up 2 days after we got the Austin Air.