• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Seizure

JosienBB

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I am glad she is doing better. My tiel, Snuggles, has stress-induced seizures that he has to receive meds for. I hope Josie does not have any more.
Thank you! I hope so too! And :hug8: for Snuggles!!

WeasleyLover

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Maddy
I'm so glad she is doing better! :hug8:

JosienBB

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Okayyy... so poop results came back fine. I discussed more indepth with the doctor and apparently, Josie's calcium levels were on the "low end" of NORMAL, so not likely low enough to cause a seizure!!! So we're back to square one! Inconclusive!! :banghead:

Btw, I'm pretty upset at the vet I went to. I asked, so what caused her seizure. They said they didn't know, and that there were a lot of tests that weren't done. I asked why weren't they done, and they said it's because I refused to do them! Excuse me??? Lies!!!! I only declined the radiograph for testing heavy metal toxicity. They never even brought up the other tests (blood-related) that they were referring to!! I asked what tests they're talking about, they didn't tell me, just said to come and they'll do them. No thank you! Never going back to you guys again!!

I'm now shopping for a good Toronto-area vet. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

Solayan

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sarah
We've had good experiences at Links Road, but thankfully we've only needed to take Frodo in for routine checkups and boarding. Not sure what they're like for an emergency.

JosienBB

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
We've had good experiences at Links Road, but thankfully we've only needed to take Frodo in for routine checkups and boarding. Not sure what they're like for an emergency.
Thanks :) I go to Links Road regularly too, but they weren't able to fit me in on Monday. Apparently, they were short-staffed that day.

CeciliaZ

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Cecilia
Sending more good thoughts for Josie. Is Josie a small bird? I remember with my tiel that had an occasional seizure (less than 100 g at the time) I had to wait at least 6 weeks to have blood drawn again.
I hope you find a vet that you like, trust and feel confident with...not always easy. :hug8:

JosienBB

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sending more good thoughts for Josie. Is Josie a small bird? I remember with my tiel that had an occasional seizure (less than 100 g at the time) I had to wait at least 6 weeks to have blood drawn again.
I hope you find a vet that you like, trust and feel confident with...not always easy. :hug8:
Thanks! :hug8: Yes, Josie's a GCC, small. She's 74g. Guess I'll be waiting 6 weeks. They wanted to do it right away, too! Further proving their incompetence, putting my baby at risk like that.

alcmene

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Okayyy... so poop results came back fine. I discussed more indepth with the doctor and apparently, Josie's calcium levels were on the "low end" of NORMAL, so not likely low enough to cause a seizure!!! So we're back to square one! Inconclusive!! :banghead:

Btw, I'm pretty upset at the vet I went to. I asked, so what caused her seizure. They said they didn't know, and that there were a lot of tests that weren't done. I asked why weren't they done, and they said it's because I refused to do them! Excuse me??? Lies!!!! I only declined the radiograph for testing heavy metal toxicity. They never even brought up the other tests (blood-related) that they were referring to!! I asked what tests they're talking about, they didn't tell me, just said to come and they'll do them. No thank you! Never going back to you guys again!!

I'm now shopping for a good Toronto-area vet. Any suggestions?
:jawdrop1: Jerks! I hope you find a new vet that's better and that Josie continues to improve

ncGreyBirdLady

They call Me crazy like its a bad thing!
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie
:hug8: :hug8: :hug8: :hug8: :hug8:

VictoriaVague

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Vikki
:hug8:

RJ Noodle

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Zetra
Hope you find a competent vet soon. I am so grateful for my vet and she is only 15 min away. kisses for Josie and :hug8: to you, too

firdy num num

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Eden
They didn't know, :banghead: But glad she's going good. :hug8:Keep going Josie! :dance4: