• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New baby on the way!

AvianLover80

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Dustin
I have a list on my laptop, I'll try and post it when I get out of class... If not, I'll post the link to that page. The one I posted above is a little scrambled. Don't be scared! We Ekkie people will get their diets perfected! Teamwork! ;)
That is a smart idea for the pellets. My mom has her girl on Harrison's High Potency for now. Rajah is only 5 1/2 months old, and she seems to grind them down and nibbles throughout the day. She loves her fresh food best!! As long as it has natural ingredients and she has plenty of fluid, they should digest well!

Last edited:

AvianLover80

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Dustin
Ok, here's the better list of foods... www.feingold.org/DOCS/SalicylateList.pdf
I am going to read up on what "Eliminated on Stage One" means, some other sites say these foods contain it, but this is from a human diet plan, so it may have nothing to do with the list for Ekkies.
Otherwise, this list is much easier to understand and I think it is the most accurate.

pacoparrot

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jacob
From what I've gathered stage one means salicylate free so I guess the stuff on that part of the list is undefined.

AvianLover80

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Dustin
From what I've gathered stage one means salicylate free so I guess the stuff on that part of the list is undefined.
Not necessarily, other lists have some of those items as containing the salicylates. (Some of them are high like berries!) The stage one is for the Feingold diet plan for Humans, it doesn't have anything to do with the salicylates. I looked it up. I am trying to find a more accurate list.

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Yes, it's amazing how they change so quickly. :heart:

pacoparrot

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jacob
That picture is actually from yesterday. He probably has more feathers today already! It's hard for me to tell since I am around him all the time.

Aubrey

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
He is so cute I can't even stand it :loveshower:

pacoparrot

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jacob

Darwin is 6 weeks old today! He got his first nail trimming since he keeps getting his nails caught in everything. He is doing great!

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
What a cutie.

pacoparrot

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jacob

Darwin is now 8 weeks and 3 days old. He is perching and getting ready to take his first flight soon. I have been getting him used to his flightsuit and his aviator harness so we can go outside safely. He is a very friendly little guy. He loves being pet on his neck and head.

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
He keeps getting cuter and cuter! :heart: He looks very nice in his harness!

CrystalLeo

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Christi
OMW!!! He's growing up so fast!!! :eek:
I'm glad you are already getting him used to the harness :D just makes things so much easier

DamJanet

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Vickie
Darwin is beautiful. I love his bright green colors. I love ekkies they have such beautiful colors.