• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Military Macaw-Maryland-a friends bird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
A friend of mine needs to rehome her Military Macaw. She has many health issues and he is not getting the attention he needs. She is sad to have to do this but it can't be helped. We prefer someone in Maryland/VA/PA?NJ. No Shipping and NO adoption fee. Here is my friends info to pass on to you here:

Military macaw, approximately 9 years old. I am his second owner and have had him for 4 years. His diets consists of zupreem fruity pellets supplemented by fresh and frozen vegetables, fruits, chicken, eggs, this boy does not turn down ANYTHING and has a voracious appetite. His left wing was broken from being thrown about 4 years ago by one of his previous owners who had a drinking problem. It has never healed correctly but he does just fine. He is very playful, extremely mischievous, does not bite, or at least not us or anyone that has been here. He is very well socialized, talks quite a lot, likes other pets just fine. Does like to tease other birds by getting on top of or into their cages. His previous owners had him since he was an egg. He was seldom ever in a cage until I got him. Sadly now he does not get as much time out as he needs, one of the reason we need to give him up, plus he needs and deserves more attention. He has not been in for well checks. Was very sick three years ago. Was poisoned by one of my grandchildren who sprayed him with cleaning solution instead of water for 3 days. He almost did not make it. Had a 2 week stay at the Falls Church Animal Hospital. Has been absolutely healthy since then as my other bird. It was the first time I ever had an ill bird in my home. This charming macaw does not come with a cage, 1) it is not in such great shape any more, 2) so huge and since we replaced the doors etc, we would now have to remove 2 doors, frame and woodwork to do so. If you have experience with macaws, a relatively small flock where Rocky would have more time out of his cage, more human interaction, and are local to Maryland, VA, Judy will pass your info on to me and I will be in touch with you. Thanks so much for your interest. NO BREEDERS PLEASE!!

rocky2.jpg

rocky3.jpg

rocky4.jpg

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
if she makes some videos of her saying nice things to the bird it may make the transfer a little easier :hug8:

kimr

Moving in
Real Name
kim
Beautiful!! I have been looking to add another bird to my small flock. I currently have a African grey, b&g, goffins cockatoo and pionus. I am in MD and am a vet tech so providing vet visits isn't a problem. I am more of a lurker on the forum and am working on being able to pm you

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
@kimr Post some silly things on Last person to Comment or Banned - it'll up your posts without being serious :wacky: Good luck :hug8: :hug8:

Greycloud

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Kim, let me know if you get the email. :D

Maxsmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Sounds like a wonderful bird. Wishing him a soft landing

Macaw Lover

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Renee'
Beautiful!! I have been looking to add another bird to my small flock. I currently have a African grey, b&g, goffins cockatoo and pionus. I am in MD and am a vet tech so providing vet visits isn't a problem. I am more of a lurker on the forum and am working on being able to pm you
Are you aware that Macaws should not be in a house with dusty birds? The Grey and the 'Too are the dusty ones.

One of our members here just lost her Red Front because of the Grey's dust.

kimr

Moving in
Real Name
kim
Pulmonary hypersensitivity. And yes I am familiar with it.

The too and grey are housed in a separate area from the macaw. I also use an air filter to cut back as much dust as possible.The 2 and grey are bathed regularly and the cages and room cleaned and changed everyday.

These concerns will be honestly discussed with the owner.

Greycloud

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Status
Not open for further replies.