• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

OMG...I love "Silkies" take a look at the 3 I got Saturday.

Cathy AZ

Walking the driveway
I am pretty sure that the Porcelain chick that we name Sukaina for a girl is a boy. As I see the start of a comb and waddles. :jawdrop1: What do you think? Is it name change time...... :hehe: :lol:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
They are adorable. How about Sultan for the little boy.

Cathy AZ

Walking the driveway
Here are the Silkie chickens at 8 weeks of age. Sahara (splash color), Saffron (Partridge color), and Snowy (Porcelain color). Snowy name was a different name but she is a he. :lol: When I was hearing a dog squeaky toy at times, I thought to myself, what is that. It is one of the chickens. He is trying to crow as the sun comes up. At such a young age too. But he is so pretty that I will keep him. Not really a clear photo of Snowy but you can see the blue cheek. I will post head shots in a minute. IMAG5634_1.jpg IMAG5637.jpg IMAG5640_1.jpg

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
So cute!

BirdyLove

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Milly
Awwwwwwwwwww, they are adorable!!

Abigail

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
What adorable little birdies!

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Silkies are adoreable.
My Dad had some all white ones.
Wish I could have some.
Congrats

Teresa McKevitt

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Wow! They are so cute. :)

BirdyLove

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Milly
Your blue budgie looks like my old budgie "Pepe" :( camelotshadow!!

Sophia101

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sophia
I have two babies, baby and buttons. They are both just like your white one. About a year old. This is what yours will look like when it grows up.
IMG_20141126_090333.jpg

kimr

Moving in
Real Name
kim
Silkies are my favorite. I have a small flock of 7 and look forward to adding a fee more hens after the winter

Chantilly Lace

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Chantel
So adorable! Tori Spelling had one she kept in the house, I never saw one until then. They are just as lovable as parrots. :heart:

ArowanaLover

Used to have some silkies, turns out, they were carrying a horrible chicken disease and killed the entire flock. I personally like them as a chicken though, until about 14 weeks of age, thats when that little bulge starts to grow to a large bulge on their head instead of a comb. BTW (from no personal experience) they have blue meat on the inside.

HyacinthWings

Walking the driveway
Real Name
June
Used to have some silkies, turns out, they were carrying a horrible chicken disease and killed the entire flock. I personally like them as a chicken though, until about 14 weeks of age, thats when that little bulge starts to grow to a large bulge on their head instead of a comb. BTW (from no personal experience) they have blue meat on the inside.
It's not blue meat. It's actually black meat. From the inside out, the skin, organs, and bones are all completely black. In Asia, it is an expensive and precious dish served. It's said to be very good for you because of the pigment within the body.

Laurah

Avenue Veteran
Hi sorry slow to this forum. My dad has been raising free range chickens all his life. He has Rhode Island reds, all white chickens and black and white checkered ones. I don't know the names of all the breeds. Some lay blue green eggs. I like roasters but they're too loud for the city. Lol I can always tell which neighbors have parrots. :blahblah: