• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

nail triming

Jazzy*

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
abbie
Jazzy nails have been getting really sharp and long so today i tried cutting them. well one nail started to bleed and so i got my mom bring me flour to stop the bleeding that did not work so i then tried backing soada i think it was. Nothing helped and she was bleeding most i have seen, my mom and i rushed her to the vet so they could stop the bleeding. the vet tech got the bleeding to stop thankfully and helped me trim her other nails.

i just feel so bad for cutting her nail too short and stressing her out. At least now she seems to have forgiven me

Mr Peepers

Cruising the avenue
I'm glad Jazzy is okay and I'm sure she will forgive you quickly when you give her a little more attention and a treat. :)

Rachael

Meeting neighbors
I've heard corn starch or cayenne pepper works best for stopping the bleeding. Dip the foot into a small bowl of the corn starch or cayenne pepper and hold it there for a few seconds and it should help stop the bleeding. Or mix it with a little water and put the paste on the nail (That's what I do with my dog). Just for future reference :) I'm glad Jazzy is okay now!

Jazzy*

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
abbie
thanks guys, yes she is being a little more spoiled tonight with some treats. thanks for the tips rachael :)